Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I wanted to pick some of your minds here and wondered about an idea for a Halloween theme of "election year"

I have a Crypt Keeper that I was thinking of dressing him up in an Uncle Sam outfit and basically mocking this election year and then saying vote for Cryptkeeper. Here is the video of my Cryptkeeper in action and I found a video showing him dressed up as I am imagining him speaking from a lectern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvqnThwJWps

https://youtu.be/Y0kDcwe0-70

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That sounds awesome! When I hear "this election year" I immediately want to bury my head in the sand and not be reminded of reality. BUT I personally think the Uncle Sam idea is really funny, and I love your Crypt Keeper!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was going to do a spooky classroom scene, but I think it's too prohibitive in terms of cost and time. I think we're going with a skeleton wedding type scene. Not as time consuming or expensive/elaborate.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hmm... well, if you want to have everyone vote for your Cryptkeeper instead of the other candidates, you could maybe dress skellies as HRC & Trump (pantsuits, a red tie, faux hair & flag pins!), and have them on podiums (or piles of skulls, like they've climbed the dead to get to the top) and surrounded by gravestones. The headstones could all say things like "Death of the Middle Class", "Hope", "Rational Thought" or "Here lies Science, who was trampled by religion", etc. You could even make it interactive a bit - put a ballot box by each "candidate" and provide something for people to vote with - or maybe if you are good with electronics, people could push buttons for the candidate they choose & something lights up or a sound is heard.

You could dress dummies sitting on piles of money bags (fake money sticking out) while decrepit zombies & skellies dressed as the middle class & poor beg for food & medicine. You could stockpile lots of medicine supplies and label cancer pills with price tags that say $7500 a month or something like that.

I'll refrain from getting into personal political beliefs, but I don't think it's too hard to make fun of the election process this year - unfortunately for us all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the ideas Jenn&Matt. I was going to incorporate a ballot box with Red, Green, and Blue push light buttons and each only get one vote :D which will activate a pop up flying ghost that will project the color light selected. Green light is for Cryptkeeper. I will also have the skelly candidates exchanging funny insults which shouldn't be to hard to find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts