Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some good ideas on getting sponsorships for my haunted house this year. Anyone have any ideas that have worked for you or fundraising ideas that might help. I feel if I could get a few sponsors. I wouldn't have to charge a entrance fee or if I did could give 100% of fee to a local charity. Please let me know if you have any thing that would help.

·
black light queen
2,631 Posts
you probably already know, but charging admission opens up a huge can of worms ... you'll definitely need insurance ... homeowner's insurance doesn't/won't cover any liability issues as they'll consider you a commercial business now ...

hopefully, others will be able to help you with your sponsorship(s)

amk

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I used to work for a non-profit and was part of a team that put on a large fall festival-type event each year. Getting sponsorships can be really tricky depending on the size & kind of event you want to do. Most companies have strict guidelines for what they can & can't donate or sponsor. And often their sponsorship allotments are settled pretty early in the year, or they already have plans to do the same fundraisers each year.

That said, if you tell us more about your haunt or what you're looking for, we might be able to make some suggestions on a good fit. For example, if you were asking people to donate pet food when they came to your haunt that will then get donated to a local shelter, you might have luck with a local pet store or vet office being willing to "sponsor" your event by donating some money or other items.

But if you are looking for a company to donate money to a home haunt so that you can buy or build props, I doubt you will have much luck with sponsorships with that since most companies really have to justify any donations they make.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
yep...money bad, as it opens up a can of worms. As mentioned above, check with your insurance. Additionally if it's considered a commercial venture then building code comes into play..specifically, making the fire marshal happy. If you are willing to deal with that, then you should have a specific "reason" you want to raise money for.

I agree with Jenn&Matt that you wouldn't get much support for your home haunt....and in my opinion, you shouldn't. It's your hobby, you should fund it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts