Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like Saki.Girl and wilbret, I just got a new forever house of my own to decorate. This is the first time I've had more than just a small apartment to call my own, so I'm kind of at a loss with what to do with all of my newfound haunt space! Here's what the house looks like.

It's got a nice big front yard with lots of possibilities, but only one small tree so as much as I love the idea of hanging witch hats or large ghosts from trees like I've seen some people on the forum do, I don't think that'll be an option for quite a few years.

I'd love some ideas on what to do with all of this space! One thing to note though is that I currently have almost no storage space, so I guess it would have to be something small or collapsible. If you had this yard, what would you do with it?

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Inside, I've also been working on a lifelong dream of mine… A magical library with a bay window! In the future, I hope to house books and curiosities of all sorts in there.

Here's what I started with. The BRIGHT pink shade is not exactly what I'm going for with this room… :p

This is my main source of inspiration - the Ravenclaw common room, of course!

My dad and I started painting it, so now it looks like this with the beginnings of what I hope to make into a Hogwarts-style night sky ceiling!

I can't wait to finish it and start adding some magic!

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much, Saki.Girl and prinstersdevil! Yeah, I'm really excited to get more done in the Library, and I will definitely be posting more pics when I do. :)

As for the graveyard potential, I certainly did notice there was plenty of space here for a layout like that when I was house searching! Picking a house with a big front yard for haunting in a neighborhood with children in it and no HOA topped my must-have list. :D I'm also trying to figure out how I could incorporate a witchy theme into the yard haunt. It doesn't necessarily need to be Harry Potter-themed, but just something that feels like there's sorcery afoot. Right now, I don't have the money or space for one of those spectacular stirring cauldron witches I want so much, but I'd love to hear anyone's ideas on how I can add a witchy feel to the yard in other ways!

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, Grey Lady, Col. Fryght, matrixmom, and a_granger for your congratulations and ideas!

I love the idea of making some sort of grand entrance to the driveway. And ooh, projections! Now THAT'S a possibility! I'm definitely going to have to take a look at the Gathering of Witches thread too.

Thanks again, everyone! I've got some ideas to work on now. :D

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Magical Library update

I've finally gotten a chance to begin adding some depth and stars to the Magical Library night sky ceiling! My hope is to cover the whole sky in constellations over the next few weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.