Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning to build some life size Lego minifig props for Halloween. These won't be costumes but will be around 6' tall. I've seen lots of costumes that use foam or cardboard for the heads. However, I'm hoping someone has an idea on an item that has that general size and shape (Peobosly about 1' tall and about 16" around). I imagine there has to be a bucket, or other item that would allow us to approximate the shape of those heads. We plan to build about 8-10 of these so hand constructing out of foam isn't a good solution if we can help it.

John

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! We thought of those but too expensive. Right now we're going with the big Utz Cheese Balls and Pretzel containers!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,829 Posts
If you had a decent carbboard template, then creating them in mass won't be that hard and super cheap. The hard part is getting the first one figured out...

I'd start browsing the dollar stores for large plastic containers or other possible building structures. Small laundry baskets, carrying basket/organizers, cannisters for something like oats or grains (but would need the bulk sized ones, not the regular ones found in most groceries).

·
Registered
720 Posts
Get some 2" foam, cut big circles or rings, glue them and stack them, then shave the radius edges down. Then carve out the inside to fit your head.

You could try to glue in a bicycle helmet, so you'd have a chin strap to keep it attached to your head securely.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My approach would be to blow up a Pepakura model of a lego fig, make it from cardboard, and cover with paper mache sealed with wood glue or exterior latex. I've used this method to build tons of big simple figures. Possibilities are endless :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Two large plastic salad bowls or punch bowls. Stores are setting out their backyard serving dishes on sale right now. You might find a couple good sized bowls at the dollar stores.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts