Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
My party theme this year is "a Night of Misfortune", & I would love any suggestions for decorations, food, music, etc.
Here's what I have so far:
Our decorative centerpiece is a large Talking Zoltar that we got last year. If anyone has ideas on where to get those little fortune cards the real Zoltar gives out (or how to maybe make them), that would be awesome!
I plan to put out a Ouija board, Tarot Cards, & homemade Rune stones as well. Suggestions on creative ways to display these are welcome!
Oriental Trading has Halloween fortune cookies & "fortune telling fish" that I will have out for people to take.
I was thinking of incorporating black cats & broken mirrors into my decorations too. Any other creepy, superstitious things I could incorporate would be appreciated.
My main drink will be a "Poison Apple Punch", but I have no idea what else I could do for food & drink...

Any ideas you guys have regarding fortune telling, divination, superstitions, or even practices like voodoo, etc...are all welcome.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did a Hall of Superstition one year - broken mirrors, a ladder people had to walk under, #13 on the walls, ....now I can't remember what else, but you get the picture. I thought it was super original. Unfortunately, I missed my own party and my husband had to host by himself and nobody got the idea (he should have at least pointed it out). Oh well, might do it again some day. It's simple and cheap to pull together

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a Hall of Superstition one year - broken mirrors, a ladder people had to walk under, #13 on the walls, ....now I can't remember what else, but you get the picture. I thought it was super original. Unfortunately, I missed my own party and my husband had to host by himself and nobody got the idea (he should have at least pointed it out). Oh well, might do it again some day. It's simple and cheap to pull together
I'm sorry you had to miss your own party! I think my husband would've dropped the ball also, lol. Those are some good ideas, thank you for your reply! 🙂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts