Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a party and plan to do a scary farm theme and I am looking for some decorating ideas, inside and outside.
Thanks

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Welcome aboard @sharona4578 ! I’ve seen a number of post/threads on farm scenes shared here on the forum. One of my favorites included a farm stand. I’ll see if I can locate it to get you started. If you go that route, Stores like Dollar Tree and 99 Cent Only Stores are a few suggestions to find inexpensive faux fruit and vegetables to include in it. Also sometimes a Goodwill might have faux fruit and certainly different baskets and such.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome aboard @sharona4578 ! I’ve seen a number of post/threads on farm scenes shared here on the forum. One of my favorites included a farm stand. I’ll see if I can locate it to get you started. If you go that route, Stores like Dollar Tree and 99 Cent Only Stores are a few suggestions to find inexpensive faux fruit and vegetables to include in it. Also sometimes a Goodwill might have faux fruit and certainly different baskets and such.
You could get some plastic animal skeletons. The large horse skeleton that Home Depot sells could be set into a cool scene. Maybe have it pulling a wagon or plow, then set a regular sized skeleton driving the equipment. I have my horse set in front of a wagon with a headless bride driving it. I used black wired ribbon to create the harness and reins.
A few online stores sell things like pigs, cats, dogs and even mice. You could have all the skeleton critters at your haunted farm. Be sure to check the measurements of the animal skeletons and to convert if they are listed in centimeters.

·
Registered
124 Posts
funny you should mention this - I just sent a message about the 2 scarecrows in this posting - but it might also give you some ideas...

·
Registered
62 Posts
funny you should mention this - I just sent a message about the 2 scarecrows in this posting - but it might also give you some ideas...
When we did it, we would find a way to get our corn stalks as cheap as possible. The ones at the stores are small and can get pricey when you need a bunch of them, like we did. Some years we were given a lot of them via a community garden, or sometimes checking online for people selling theirs in exchange for cutting our own and therefore cleaning up the field. We would tie them into a bundle just like you find at the stores (tied with twine around the middle), splayed the bundles out, sometimes digging the ends into the ground a bit, and running a length of rebar down the middle to make sure nothing knocked them down. We also had a red pumpkin light underneath them. You could switch up the color depending on what kind of feel you want it to have.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am planning a party and plan to do a scary farm theme and I am looking for some decorating ideas, inside and outside.
Thanks
Scary crows sharpening old farming equipment ( add fake chickens with heads cut off.
Skeleton's tilling land in grave yard/farm yard combo.
Fence posts eroding, that looks like bones ( animal of human).
Barb wire fence with large doll dresses to look like little kid caught in it & shaking because of electric shock. ( Use a motion sensor that makes them jiggle).
Mr & Mrs farmer ( americana but done with skeleton's) or a tribute to ma & pa kettle.
Packing tape ghosts of farm animals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts