Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tore apart an old ceiling fan, and salvaged the motor. The problem is, I can't come up with anything I could run off it, due to the high RPM's. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Registered
There's not a whole lot of things that you can do with them... They won't push or pull anything and they won't lift anything.. At least nothing that has any resistance..
I do use one mounted upside down on a plywood base and with 2 "U" shaped brackets fastened in place of the fan blades I was able to mount a small doll cradle on top of the brackets.. I have the fan set on medium speed and start it with a motion detector. Last year I placed a small (34 inch ?) skeleton in the cradle....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frankie's Girl, Thanks, I was thinking of something along those lines, but with bats, not ghosts.

Dirt, I understand the limitations, but can't pass up a free motor when I find one. I like the cradle idea. Many thanks.

Registered
Ceiling fan motor

I like the cradle idea also. I have used a ceiling fan motor in the bottom a 3x3 cage made with plywood, 2x2's and 3/4" pvc pipe for bars, the motor is enclosed in the botton and bolted a small piece of metal to one blade mount. I make the cage shake vigorusly with 3 different settings. I then put a life size ape inside of it. Great moving prop.

Registered
Olderthandirt, No there is no resistance. I forgot to tell you the cage hangs from a large tree limb and the motor is just thrown out of balance and makes the cage shake. I looks like the ape is alive and making the cage shake. I have the hands clutched around the bars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.