Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided i wanted to make an electric chair, so i got an old wooden chair painted it black and found this string light that runs across the top making it look awsome. What i did different is that i cut a hole in the back of the chair and put my square sander in it so that it actually tries to sand someones back when i flip it on (i took off the sand paper ). It is very loud and gives the back a very good shake. I also cut off a belt to strap in the victims so that im sure that there back is against the sander. I will try and post some pics soon. I think i have seen similiar sanders at harbor frieght for about 10 bucks!

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I really like your idea! That will absolutely freak people out!

I'm going to wave the "pain in the ass worry wort" flag a touch here...
Be cautious how firmly that is pressing against someone's back - if you have someone who's back is not in the best of shape, or has a condition they may not be aware of, that might be just enough to inflame these types of injuries.
I know my back is in pretty good shape, but I am considering just how little movement it takes to make it hurt, if I am not careful.

So, just possibly, it might be a good idea to keep a very thin piece of wood or something between the vibrating plate of the sander, and the back of your guests...just to make sure it is torquing them about.

However, if I'm off-base, please feel free to let me know.

But I really do like the thought of your chair!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the nice thing is it actually has a rubber bottom on it so i dont think it will hurt anyones back, but if some one has a bad heart on the other hand...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts