Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to get ideas for what might be the best implementation of an eye peering out of a crack in something. I have an 8" digital picture frame that displays a goulish blinking eye with sound perfectly (tried both Hallowindow and FearFX videos). I will mount it inside/behind something. My two basic ideas are a tombtone with a crack in it big enough to show the eye behind the crack. Is that plausible? A tombstone isn't thick. Is the monster behind the tombstone or inside it? The other idea was a smallish crypt box, like an ossuary. The end it cracked and falling open and the image could be a little further inside the box. Not sure what would be better or what other ideas I could add to make it really work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like the eye behind/in the tombstone idea. I think as long as the frame is secured well to the back AND the tombstone secured well to the base (ie your yard or where ever you have it) you won't have to worry about complicated set up or your tombstone falling over and it breaking the frame. I think it also leaves room for future ideas or additions, you can have a hand (skeleton or otherwise) trying to come out of the crack or you could have the fingers wrapped to the front of the tombstone if your leaning towards a behind the stone idea- the possibilities are endless. The thing about foam tombstones is if you don't like how it looks , cracked tombstones look "normal" or you could throw some moss over the area. Happy Haunting!

·
Registered
9 Posts
displays are getting cheaper and cheaper, you can even use an old mobile phone or consider a cheap projector and mapping the surface with a masked image or video. If you are looking for more visual effects animated or videos contact me or visit my halloween and horror category. link in bio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts