Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vesta
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share some photos of the ice storm we had here in Arkansas. All of the photos are from my immediate neighborhood and a few of my house. Luckily we didn't have any damage to our house just some of the kids things, trampoline, swingset, etc. Unfortunately our neighbors weren't as lucky. They have major damage to their houses. The first three photos are my house. The others are all my neighbors.

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,553 Posts
HOLY CRAP, FIRE!! I'm so sorry to hear about how bad this was for all of you. :( I'm happy though that your own damage was minimal considering the circumstances. We're kind of used to those kinds of storms up here. We get them far more often than you do further south. They usually don't do that kind of damage further north though. I guess the trees down there aren't used to that kind of stress.

Hope things get back to normal quickly down there.

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Fire is that your trampoline? My backyard looks the same...:(.. My trampoline, Swingset and Garage is DUST! But at least I have my family as do you and your health. It definetely though is the worst damage I have had since I have lived here. I will upload some of my pics of my yard soon. God Bless and keep safe.

·
Vesta
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very powerful imagery, I wish you all the best, we had ice here in Maryland this week, nothing like that, and it hampered us for a few days.
Thanks wristslitter. My family is ok but many of our neighbors and friends will take weeks and months to recover. There were even a few deaths around here due to the ice storm. It has been devastating to many.

HOLY CRAP, FIRE!! I'm so sorry to hear about how bad this was for all of you. I'm happy though that your own damage was minimal considering the circumstances. We're kind of used to those kinds of storms up here. We get them far more often than you do further south. They usually don't do that kind of damage further north though. I guess the trees down there aren't used to that kind of stress.
Thanks Joker. We occasionally get snow and sleet here too, although not near as much as up north. The problem was that all the ice was freezing rain. When you get as much of that as we did it just really starts to put a lot of weight on trees and power lines.

Fire is that your trampoline? My backyard looks the same..... My trampoline, Swingset and Garage is DUST! But at least I have my family as do you and your health. It definetely though is the worst damage I have had since I have lived here. I will upload some of my pics of my yard soon. God Bless and keep safe.
Yes, that is our trampoline. Our swingset was shattered too. I am not worried about it though. I just feel very fortunate that that was the worst of our damage. I am sorry to hear you had it so bad in Kentucky. I have been following the news and thinking of you.

Oh Wow! Thank you for showing these powerful pictures. Prayers to all who are suffering through this tragedy.
Thank you, Terra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts