Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the ice cream cone I made today....

IMG02299-20130716-1705.jpg

to go with the sweet tooth costume,

100_7805.jpg

how the ice cream cone was done:

the 'cone' is black poster board cut and shaped into a cone, it was pinned and glued to shape.

The 'ice cream' is two layers the puffy bottom layer is cotton balls that were glued to a 'puff' of 4 pound soft poly foam that puffed out of the end of my quato arm mold and had a nice mushroom type poof (you could get the same result out of a cup I guess )..

then I painted the whole thing: it was primed with white primer, the ice cream was painted pink with red flecking, and then the cone was painted with a blend of yellows browns and a gold (for the golden cone look)...and then the waffle lines were painted on with a tan...done from start to finish in about a hour/ hour and half and most of that adhesive drying time....

I liked how it turned out...

·
Registered
185 Posts
cool, good job! the outfit is pretty scary...lol

·
"KAT IN THE HAT"
546 Posts
I have to ask is that a paint booth your in front of in the photo or do you normally have walls with dark plastic on the walls and what is oozing out of that big plastic jug? LOL

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to ask is that a paint booth your in front of in the photo or do you normally have walls with dark plastic on the walls and what is oozing out of that big plastic jug? LOL
no paint booth just like a solid tyoe background for all my photos it seems to me to help. the stuff oozing is resin activator :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great job! Looks real and goes awesome with the costume!
Thanks, it really was a lot of fun to make, I've made 3 costumes in the last month and this one was by far the easiest and most fun to make...it is a nice break to make a simple fabricated prop, I miss it...

·
Registered
270 Posts
You can make fake ice cream from a bar of Ivory soap. It has been decades, but I am sure you can google it. Basically, you shave or grate the soap, add water, heat until it melts, then whip with a blender until it turns into a foamy gel. I remember it being used for Christmas ... fake snow, I think. The texture is great once it dries, but it's a little soft, so you have to put it on something (a styrofoam ball, cardboard form, etc). And when it comes time to wash the costume, the soap is already there, LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts