Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make an ice cream man costume for a circus i found white coveralls and a creepy mask but how can i make some realistic ice cream cones for my shoulders???

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Would expanding foam work? You could shape them into ice cream scoop shapes and attach to thin cardboard rolled into a cone shape.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I've seen expanding foam used...just make a large glob inside the cone and it should push its way out in the shape of a bubble...then maybe add a little around the edge after its dried to make the smoothed part...

U can also use styrofoam balls for snocones...the styro sparkles like ice even with paint on it :)

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok im hearing alot on expanding foam which is great i also know i have seen in dollar tree some bubble ice cream cones might try to see if i find like the waffle cone type if not ill try the dollar tree or expanding foam. Thank you guys :)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I got a Dollar Tree catalog in the mail today and it had the pointy waffle cones in brite colors/toppings. The best part is it's actually a dog's chewtoy so it's soft rubber and probably bigger than the bubblecones. I'm going to pick some up for future use if the store has them.

·
Insane
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a Dollar Tree catalog in the mail today and it had the pointy waffle cones in brite colors/toppings. The best part is it's actually a dog's chewtoy so it's soft rubber and probably bigger than the bubblecones. I'm going to pick some up for future use if the store has them.
Thats freaking awesome i will take a look at those :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
How about using some "waffle foam"like the use for mattress toppers?

waffle_foam.jpg

Or if you want something more rigid, get some "Ditra." - it's a plastic tile underlayment that looks waffled.

ditra.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts