1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Link to the PFD file no worky..... but from what I've read, Firefly's are a lil more high tech guts & controller,maybe best for the Pro haunt's,
I Zombie close featues, more for serious haunter....... not to say I Zombie could not be pro haunt usable.Firefly also lets you trade up with your old one.
It's a close call & FireFly $$$ isn't That much more. FireFly also seems to be able to fire off higher watts on the top models vs I Zombies.
I Zombie just seems to be a lil more cost effective for us for what we need & use them for........... my 2 cents.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I think the link is fixed now. I'm leaning towards FireFly...but still have some concerns because so many people like i-Zombie & I'm not reading a lot about FireFly

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm admittedly biased, but I believe the reason you see more about iZombie is that they've been around a couple years longer than we have, and because until this year, we were only selling direct. The three models of FireFly, as well as our other products, are now also available from FrightProps, Minions Web and Sinister Controls, as well as directly from Lights Alive.

Differences I'd point out besides power handling is the 5-year warranty, controls accessible without opening the unit, no need for audio Y-adapters, a test button that checks your simulator and lights, and on the FF-501, a dedicated channel for dimming lights to simulate power problems.

Steve
Lights Alive
www.lights-alive.com

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Thanks! I think the link is fixed now. I'm leaning towards FireFly...but still have some concerns because so many people like i-Zombie & I'm not reading a lot about FireFly
As far as "concerns" Firefly unites are worth the money. Yes I-Zombie has been around for a lil longer & set sales to home haunters as well as pro haunts.
FireFly does have a few more benefits in they're designs, a great warranty. Steve from Lightes Alive comments are worth considering, the preferences to I-Zombie are mostly due being cost & available before the fireflys & have had good experiences with them..(of course the word "zombie" catches ya as a haunter,LoL )....so just depends on what you want to spend & get, I-Zombie or Firefly good buy..... I know decisions-decisions........ :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your comments! It sounds to me that both products are excellent. I'm leaning towards FireFly because of their warranty & their BBB record (i-zombie doesn't have one that I could find). Now if I only knew which unit to get! :)

·
Hauntless
8,388 Posts
I just got a FireFly this year but haven't tested it yet (waiting for my Minion's Web LED lights). I got the 501 because the additional channels will let me use lights at different corners of the house and the dimming channel for a few lights in the house. Their video of a dollhouse shows the effect you get when the lights are at different corners. When there's a BIG hit of lightning, all the lights go on so it's even more scary:

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Thanks for all your comments! It sounds to me that both products are excellent. I'm leaning towards FireFly because of their warranty & their BBB record (i-zombie doesn't have one that I could find). Now if I only knew which unit to get! :)
Well it sounds like you have part of your decisions- it's the FireFly, as to which one,
the basic ( comparable to FF101 model ) can be done pretty much with a $40 cheapie box-minus the major wattage of FF's 1500 mono unit- for the extra $$$, the 201 stereo would really make a dif in the effect,
501 would be worth the extra extra $$ if you you really want to give your ToTers a " HOLY CR*P " effect ! LoL So $250 or $350......??
( & I'm not affiliated with either, have used both I-Zombie & FireFly's )

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I love my lightsalive firefly box. This is my setup from last year and it was the most talked about effect by all my party goers. Honestly, if I could, I'd leave it up year round.

I would definitely buy from LightsAlive again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I saw the FireFly products at The MidWest Haunters Convention this year and I was very, very impressed. They seem like good folks and took a lot of time to explain and answer my questions, even though they knew I was a home haunter and did not have a professional haunt (not all exhibitors are like that). It is on my shopping list and I will buy from them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i own the i-zombie, the ST### (sorry forgot the number) for the past 3 - 4 years. works great, easy to set up and go hundreds of people who have commented on it (ok maybe not hundres), my only concern. not that I have ever had a problem, is the outlet on the back is tight, and it feels like your going to rip the outlet when you remove the cord. (again never has happened - so might be not be an issue). First year i used the sterio option to each side of the yard using 4 250watt worklights. Worked great, but due to a street light on one side of my yard, having lighting there was pointless. So the following year I use the reverse switch on one channel so the entry lights go down when the lightening flashes. Cool idea, but the light placement kind zeroed out the effect, (sure the lights went dim - but like the street lights if you then hit them with500 watts of light, you really cant tell) both of these problems are more setup issues with the way my haunt and yard lays out, and not the unit. But it was annoying that i had to open up the unit to flip the swtich for this to work.

again, used the Izombie, works well, has lightening cd that sounds great and their support has been very helpful. I would buy this product again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts