Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the forums but not the haunts. I'll introduce myself later in the correct thread. But until then has anybody had any experience with the I-Zombie lightning controller box and the company that puts it out?
A little pricey but looks like a great set up. I'm thinking of adding some lightning effects to my grave yard this year and wanted to see if anybody has used this.

Link below

i-Zombie.com • Welcome

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi,
I would not spend that much money for the effect that they produce. I have had a lot better luck making my own boards. The single and multi channel kits are a lot cheaper and I have run (2) 150 watt lights through mine. I created a lightning/thunder CD with audacity and I like the effects better. THE PRICE IS RIGHT FOR ME! You may have to experiment a little. For the price you would pay, you may find out how much talent you have.
Good luck

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
I looked at this product as well. I ultimately decided to go with LOR. I figured I would have to spend over $200 for just a lightning machine? Then if I wanted a light show in the future I would have to make another investment in a light controller. So I just bought the light controller. I actually made a cool routine using 2 channels on my LOR controller for a lightning effect and then I still have 14 other channels for other Halloween effects.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Check out the fire fly, the same as the I-Zombie but with a few extra features and functions. The single channel unit will handle 1500 watts and the two channel stereo unit will handle 3000 watts. And all units have a 5 year warranty. With the two channel unit you can option one channel to flash with the sound of the thunder, and connect the other channel in reverse mode to a lamp and when the lighting flashes, the lamp will flicker off as if the lightning is affecting the electrical circuit to the house. If you want a first class pro unit, this is it. I am not affiliated with the company, just a very satisfied user. FireFly Halloween Lightning Controller and Special Effects Lighting by Lights Alive

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your info. opened my eyes and ideas more. The light-o-rama is interesting but a little out of what I want to achieve at this point,maybe in the future as things grow. I like the fire fly set ups. I think I'll be looking at those closely for next year. This year I'll have to pass do to finances. I know that props can be made on the cheap but if your going for light and prop controls it is best to go for the best equipment as a lighting and sound system can either make or break you haunt.
Thanks everyone
Happy Haunting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts