Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking and you know what, I wish there was a picture only thread.

A place where pictures are posted but no comments/replies are made. I have those days were I just want to see everybody's pictures but find more chatter than pictures, and when I'm on a hunt, I end up spending a bunch of time weeding through the threads, searching for pictures.

Don't get me wrong, I love to chit chat, and that is one thing I love about the HF. We get to be social and encourage each other, etc. but some days I just want pictures.

I know you can go to the gallery and see the most recent pictures posted within personal albums but not within threads.

Am I alone in this wishful thinking? Do you get what I mean?

·
Registered
540 Posts
A button! A button on each thread that filters out any posts don't have pictures. That'd be a Godsend!

I'm a visual learner, and a slow reader, so too much chitchat bogs me down.

Reactions: pumpkinpie

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want or if this might help you, but if you look at the top of every page (right under the Halloween Forum.com logo ) there are five header tabs.
Sandwiched in between "blogs" and "Halloween Radio" there is a tab titled "Gallery". It is all pictures! When you click on it you'll see a drop down menu. It's dived up into "just pics, albums, personel pics, latest pics" etc. It also lets you search pics. Provided the user who originally posted them titled or tagged them, you should be able to find things fairly easily.
I hope this helps at least a little.

BTW - Love the new avie Red!

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Halloween Lady, It's closer, but only shows you pictures that people put into their albums. I would like to see the pictures in the threads, too. Or, a specific thread dedicated to pictures only where we post all Halloween pictures.

And, thank you. Most people don't recognize me anymore since I changed the picture. :) You know my name! :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Garthgoyle, all good things with moderation.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I wish this forum had some of those too. I get the point. It's like going into a Walgreens, or Dollar Tree thread, and you only want to see what items those places have. There could be a talking about Walgreens this year thread, and there could be just a picture thread of what Walgreens has. For, Dollar Tree for instance, there are so many pages in that thread, and maybe some people just want to see what they have without talking about all the items. So, I would love to see dual Walgreens, Dollar Tree, New Merchandise this year, etc threads instead of just one. The reason why there probably isn't separate picture threads is because it's hard to control people only putting pictures in a thread.

Reactions: The Red Hallows

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I wish more people would post their pics to their albums and then link from there. Lets face it, a lot of us look when at work and the firewalls leave you with a block with an X in it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I like this idea a lot.

You could just 'Like the post' instead of using a comment to tell them what a great job they did.

I would actually like themed threads like:

Kitchen Picture only thread

Entryway Picture Only Thread

Dining Room .. etc

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As Halloween Lady Said.....Theres a tab atop of the main page that says gallery......all pics
Matrixmom, the gallery doesn't show all pictures on the forum....Only pictures posted within personal albums, not within the forum threads themselves. Unless a person links to their photo from an album, it won't show up. Still not quite what I'm looking for. :eek:

If you click the gallery tab and then "pictures" it's only pictures from albums.

·
Mummy Dearest
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have to say I disagree with the basic premise. I want to hear what the OP and others have to say about a prop or haunt.
You would still post in your normal thread Screaming Demons, so you get the chatter, feedback, and get to show your latest prop and have that conversation, but the picture thread could be a completely separate thread for pictures only... for those who want to get inspiration, check out what's new without having to search for new pictures. Just my take on it. There are some other takes, also.

It has been pulled off yet so maybe there is reason?
Space. I would think it would have to do with space. That and getting people not to comment in the thread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts