Halloween Forum banner

I will show you mine if you show me yours.

5914 Views 48 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Specter
No that’s not what I am talking about. What I am referring to is my Halloween prop control center. I live in the Arizona desert and we do not have lawns in our front yards. What we do have is a lot of rocks and very hard dirt.

That makes for some very difficult Halloween setup. So I have been working on this setup for a number of months.

The first picture show the control box without doors, you can see a number of shelf with different components. Each following pic moves down the inside of the control box.

Things of interest.

Keyboard with six switches above.
Two computers with KVM switch.
Six K74 boards
Six plugs on the outside / Wiring to the plugs outside
Orange wire below the plug, this will plug into a 220V line that will be split into two 110V circuits.
Outer wrap for power lines.
Black (Snake) (Thanks Randy for the name)) Prop power line.
The back of the box without doors.

More to come.

Thx PMT
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,512 Posts
Nice, but I HAVE to ask what some people have against EMBEDDING pics? Clicking and back-paging is somewhat annoying when many pics are involved....

Ok, sorry about the rant, it's a peeve of mine. I apologize.I must say I really like the uncasing of the computer mother boards!

Ok, here's a pic of my control console in the making.

· Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,512 Posts
Dr. I would be happy to embed the pic’s if I knew how. So if you would share how to do that I will start doing it because the other way is a pain in the A**.

Anyway in your pic’s you show your setup that I think controls your Skull prop. If you would please explain how that works it would be very very helpful to me in the build of my control center.

What is what and how you wired it.

Thx PMT
It's easy to embed, just use the
tags on either side of your URL. Clicking on the little icon of the sun over the mountains at the top of the reply window allows you to simply paste you URL and the IMG tags will fill automatically.

My consol simply holds my computers and so far just one external power supply. I use the supply to power the servos, and VSA to run the skulls. It's a work in progress that I have been putting off in order to fill skull orders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.