Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put it over my geyser jr. =) The only one I can find is quite pricey and already has a flame... Any suggestions on something I can repurpose or as my husband suggests, build?
thanks a lot

·
Registered
37 Posts
Didn't know what a geyser jr was till i looked it up it, i need one now lol.
I did a cauldron creep 2 years ago and for my burning coals i took chicken wire and cut and zipped tied the shape i needed. Then i wrapped it with that painters clear plastic and taped it. I took 2 cans some of that "Great stuff foam" from home depot and sprayed the plastic all over with it, let it dry, then did a light coat of black spray paint to grey most of it and darken some spots. With orange flickering lights under it looks like burning coals so maybe try that and glue bones and skulls to it. I'd post a picture but i cant find one of it :S Hope that gives you an idea :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd say the expanding foam is the way to go, but rather than do the chicken wire or spraying the foam directly onto the lights, what I did was:

I set down a piece of cardboard, then put various items like cups, a small ball, etc, on the cardboard to create random lumps and bumps, then covered the whole thing in plastic wrap. I sprayed the foam onto that. This way, the stuff underneath wasn't covered in foam, and the plastic wrap will peel right off the foam. Once it was dry I spray-painted it.

It's hollow on the inside so you can then just put your LED lights etc underneath. I put a string of red LEDs and five or six cheap flicker-flame candles under mine and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd say the expanding foam is the way to go, but rather than do the chicken wire or spraying the foam directly onto the lights, what I did was:

I set down a piece of cardboard, then put various items like cups, a small ball, etc, on the cardboard to create random lumps and bumps, then covered the whole thing in plastic wrap. I sprayed the foam onto that. This way, the stuff underneath wasn't covered in foam, and the plastic wrap will peel right off the foam. Once it was dry I spray-painted it.

It's hollow on the inside so you can then just put your LED lights etc underneath. I put a string of red LEDs and five or six cheap flicker-flame candles under mine and it looks pretty good.

X2 - works great and is easy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts