Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the end of last year I started talking with our local sheriff dept about doing a Halloween event for their explorers program. I envisioned a large 3 weekend event with haunted house, kids area, live band, food vendors etc. Well they kept dragging their feet and could not seem to make any definite decisions. So last week, I gave up hope on them as time is getting short, scaled my plans back to a basic haunt and started talking to the children's miracle network about working with them, well lo and behold as soon as I submitted the event paperwork to them the sheriff's dept decided they are ready to do something. So one way or another it looks like something last minute is gonna happen with someone as long as I can get a location secured and the fire marshall doesnt take a dump in my cherios to bad. So this thread is where I will post as things progress and I will ask questions, so please subscribe to it and help me out, this will be my first year doing more than a large home haunt and I want it to go well. So my first question for the braintrust is, and dont bust my balls to bad about not having a common theme, in this area multi themed haunts seem to come off better. The rooms planned are as follows:Hell room, Pirate room, Nightmare on elm street, Friday the 13th, Butcher shop with leatherface, cemetary, wedding chapel,vampires lair,mad scientists lab and circus. The cemetary may be outside or inside depending on location, if space allows I would like to have it as the first area you walk through inside. The butcher shop will be at the end where leatherface will chase you out with the chainsaw. I have not decided on an order for the rest of the rooms, please help me put them in some sort of order.

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To give you a better idea of what will be going on in the rooms. The wedding room will be the headless bride and ghoulish groom getting married with a live actor performing the vows. The vampires lair will just be static and animatronic props with no live actors. The mad scientist lab will be static and animatronic props and there may or may not be a live victim on a table. The circus room will have 1 perhaps 2 live clowns along with static props. Hell will have props, a live devil and a live pinhead. Pirate room will be props only, no live actors. Elm street will either have animatronic freddy and a live victim or both live. Jasons room is undecided wether to use the Gemmy or a real Jason. Leatherface will be the last room with a live actor and chainsaw

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sounds like an exciting plan. You could add a black light and lots of neon colors to the circus room for added umph! Can't wait to see the plans and pics!

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I think I have my order worked out. You enter through the cemetary where the hearse is parked with earie lighting and fog . Then into the wedding chapel where a live priest is performing the vows, he has his back to the audience, as he exclaims till death do us part he turns revealing his horribly disfigured face . Next its on to elm street as a live child is jumping rope anamatronic freddy stands behind her. Real freddy loudly appears behind the audience shouting welcome to elm street. Next its through the pirate room. Next its on to Jasons room where all they see is the amimatronic Jason as they leave the room and head down the hall the real jason starts stalking them. Then its through the vampires lair. This opens to the circus area Live clown hollers welcome to the circus kiddies and stay and run away with us. Next its the Lab where francencuted is getting shocked and doctor shivers stands over a bloddy victim who is hollering leave before your next. You now enter hell where the devil stands and states welcome home my children. Then pinhead appears, throws the devil to the ground and hollers I am the ruler here. Next they enter the butcher shop where animatronic leatherface stands over a scene of heads and body parts. As they have passed real leatherface appears behind and fires up his chainsaw chasing them out the exit. This is the working plan as of now. May change as volunteers add ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts