Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local haunted house attraction tonight. It was the first one I went to in the last few years. I've been doing my own haunt for many years. Well with the exception of one pitch black area where an actor lit up right next to me, I saw every scare coming before they happened. I still had fun and it was a blast listening to my group yelling and screaming at every turn.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
You're in Erie!? Me too! Are you talking about Eeriebyss on 12th St? I have the chance to work there a few nights but have yet to commit. I've heard similar things about it that for the price it simply isn't that scary.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I still enjoy going, but I tend to throw off the scare actors because I either giggle or compliment their costumes or characterizations... :D
I'm the same way...I don't go for the scares as much as to check out the props and get ideas and I ask the characters questions while they're trying to scare the others in my group. Drives my kids nuts when they're trying to move on and I've stopped and am trying to figure out a prop

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
We went to one last year that had a very well done drop panel scare. I spent a few minutes talking with the scareactor and he showed me the mechanism, etc.. My kids were not amused!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdubbya, yeah it was Eeriebyss. It was fun but I saw where the scares were coming from. I don't think it was done bad, I just think that I think like they do, you know when they want you to look over here but you look the other way?

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Have to say as a pre-teen going thru Disneyland, I felt the same way. Always anticipating the next thing and sometimes knowing how it happened. Really does take the fun out of it. It's kind of like Santa Claus when you are a certain age. Oh to be that unsuspecting kid again and get your pants scared off of you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts