Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a pop up sprinkler for a piston. It takes quite a bit of time for the pressure to drop enough for the skelly to go back down. I am thinking about drilling a small relief hole in the base of the valve to help bleed off pressure a bit quicker but Im worried that might slow down the pop up action.

Now that I have the basic action working I want to add some detail to the skeleton like stringy gray hair and maybe some eyeballs. Im also planning on pumping chilled fog into the coffin. I am on the fence about adding a colored light inside the box as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I counted 15 to 20 seconds of the prop being upright- not bad- unless you have streams of kids coming up your walk or driveway -then I can see why you want to get the prop to drop down sooner. Nice job on that.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I think he works just fine. The lights and the fog will help in the effect. The light you can put in front or behind. Try both and video it, then post. I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks. Seems to be a little interest in how I used the sprinkler valve. I filmed a quick tutorial and will post it up under the tutorial section later tonight after I get it uploaded. This thing is nowhere near the quality of things I see other people here making but I am pretty happy with how it came out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts