Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ebenezer was a young workaholic banker. He lived happily with his girlfriend Claire, or so he thought…. Everything changed for Ebenezer that fateful Christmas Eve. He told Claire he had to close the bank that evening so he would be home late. It was snowing that afternoon and Ebenezer decided to close up early so he could surprise Claire. When Ebenezer arrived home he noticed footprints in the snow leading up to their home. He quietly walked up to peak in the window only to find Claire in the arms of someone dressed as Santa Claus. With pain in his heart and rage in his eyes he went to the shed and grabbed an axe. He waited for what seemed to be hours for the man to leave his home. When the man finally did leave Ebenezer confronted him and with one quick stroke Ebenezer lopped off his head. He continued to chop piece after piece and when he was through he knew exactly what he was going to do.

Ebenezer took all the pieces and wrapped them as nice Christmas presents for Claire to open on Christmas morning. He could hardly wait to see her face. The next morning Claire was grinning from ear to ear after seeing all the presents. She of course wanted to open the biggest one first. She began to open it. Ebenezer’s anticipation built as she frantically tore the paper. When she opened it she found a pair of legs still wearing Santa pants. She threw the present and its contents tumbled onto the floor. That wasn’t enough for Ebenezer though. He made her open the rest of the gifts so he could make her feel the pain and torture he felt. Ebenezer then hugged Claire apologizing and asking why she would do this to him all the while the hug kept getting tighter and tighter until Claire could no longer breathe. Ebenezer had suffocated her.

Ebenezer sobbing and confused burned the bodies in the fireplace and from that day on hated everything to do with Christmas. Around the Christmas’s to follow people even began to call Ebenezer a scrooge……

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo199/milehighclub8/xmas3.jpg
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo199/milehighclub8/xmas4.jpg
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo199/milehighclub8/xmas5.jpg

Supplies

Xmas tree skirt used to make santa clothes $2.50
fake blood .25
santa sack .99
can of foam 1.99
mustard, red, black spray paint .99ea
wrapping paper .25
santa hat .50
fake snow .50

home decor, head, girlfriend, kicking legs, fake arm - already had

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
love the storyline. that is pretty original putting santa in the presents. good job

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Looks great! Love the ornament shoved in his mouth lol

MsM

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone it was fun :). Everyone's entries are great. Many different story lines and scenes. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do until I went after Christmas shopping to see what was on sale and what they had left. I don't like writing I wasn't sure if i'd be able to come up with anything, but that popped into my head trying to think how I could use the things I already had and tie them to a Christmas scene.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i do have a ?. is that your real girlfriend in santas bag? and meeps, you're right, that ornament in the mouth is rich.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that is my girlfriend in the bag and she is still alive :). She was a good sport. Not as good of sport as you had though. She had to do much less than they had to :)

I keep looking at the title and I don't like it. I originally intended to play off of that song so I used it, but now seeing it there is no mention of mommy in the story so I tried to change it but it wont let me. Ah well.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i noticed in your supplies you mentioned girlfriend, already had, that's cute. [glad she's still alive.] hhhmmm, could you see going out, excuse me, will you be my girlfriend long enough to be a dead corpse in a santa bag. that would be funny. i'd say she was a good sport to be in that bag. at first it didn't hit me that was your girlfriend, i think the lack of comments means it didn't register with others either. as far as your title, it's catchy, i like it. i think it works. what would you have liked to change it to?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't sure if she was going to do it when I told her to remind me to kill her later lol she thought I was mad at her until I told her what I needed her to do.

I was going to change it to Why Ebenezer hated Christmas, or Ebenezer vs. Santa or something like that.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
she did it then out of relief? so you wouldn't kill her? to be a good sport? somewhere deep down there is a little spark of she really loves halloween? humor the mad halloween guy? lol
i gues maybe those titles would have been good, but i still like this title better. very catchy. it's just a very cute setup

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Yikes ! Smoochin with Santa is certainly the thing NOT TO DO ! Don't care if your Mommy or girlfriend. It is definately not good. I tell my daughters to be wary of the herpes.
Now , I guess I need to warn them about kissing could be your LAST KISS.

Great story and great scene. The body parts could have been a little more bloody IMHO...
but I know about clean up - me who used cranberry sauce for dribble. LOL
and the ornament in the mouth....yes, I believe the quote was " Rich"....yeah, it was rich and my favorite pic of the bunch.

Good luck !

·
Registered
305 Posts
That was a great story. Nice twist. Pics came out great too. Good luck with Your entry.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Great story and great scene. The body parts could have been a little more bloody IMHO...
but I know about clean up - me who used cranberry sauce for dribble. LOL
and the ornament in the mouth....yes, I believe the quote was " Rich"....yeah, it was rich and my favorite pic of the bunch.

Good luck !
I'm still a rookie and have a lot to learn. Last Halloween was my first year using foam, making props, and joining here and seeing all the amazing things you guys come up with I never would have thought possible. I agree. There could have been more gore. The blood just kinda flowed right through the fluffy snow stuff to the bottom of the boxes. I'm glad I didn't get any of it on the floor it looks like it could do some damage. Cranberry sauce would have been great for indoor use.

I tried to put some fun stuff in as well. I had my Jack Skellington candelabra on the mantle also, but he can't be seen very well because of the wreath. I should have moved him to the side.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
well, maybe you could have had some more blood, but you sure did an awesome job on those intestines.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, maybe you could have had some more blood, but you sure did an awesome job on those intestines.
Thanks. That's my third prop i've made using foam. I never knew people used that stuff for making things until I joined here :D.

I haven't done a search at all, but I do have a question about using foam. So far i've done them all on cardboard and then cut off the excess after the foam has dried. Is there something to use that the foam won't stick to that I won't have to cut the prop out when i'm done?

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I've done projects on that Reynold's Wrap Release Non-Stick aluminum foil without them sticking. I haven't tried it with foam, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with that too.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
upNsmoke.
I hope you didn't take MHO ( my humble opinion) about having more "blood" offensive.
It wasn't ment that way at all.
I think Christmas is a very hard subject to make bloody. When its bloody - it just loses something. Creep or Scary factor I think is better, really. And you got the scary factor going on. So don't take me seriously. LOL !

Also wanted to compliment you on your "foam intestines" and body parts. I haven't worked with the great stuff doing body parts yet.....so you might say your a noobie., ....but your way ahead of me, on this stuff. I used a little on my pigs last year....but I quickly learned respect for the great stuff AND gorilla glue. I need supervision when I use these products....
I can make a huge mess that gets all over everything and doesn't usually turn out like I intended cause those products have a mind of their own !
So you did a great job! I had not realized that you actually "made" the props.
BTW-
thanks Dave for the tip to upnsmoke, it will help me to the next time I try that stuff out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts