Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Halloween of 2020, I was living in an apartment setting so my options to decorate were very limited. I found some gel cling bloody hands and put them on the washing machine and dryer to give the illusion there was something horrific in the kitchen. But, when I peeled them away a month later, there were still red hands on the machines! I tried magic eraser, vinegar and water, oven cleaner, CLR and not a bit of the dye came off. I’m moving in 3 months and I need to clean them up before I move out, otherwise I fear my landlords will keep my security deposit! Please help!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Those things are a public nuisance. There have been a couple of threads about those.

I think these have some suggestions for removing the stains they leave behind. If you use the search feature there are probably some more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For Halloween of 2020, I was living in an apartment setting so my options to decorate were very limited. I found some gel cling bloody hands and put them on the washing machine and dryer to give the illusion there was something horrific in the kitchen. But, when I peeled them away a month later, there were still red hands on the machines! I tried magic eraser, vinegar and water, oven cleaner, CLR and not a bit of the dye came off. I’m moving in 3 months and I need to clean them up before I move out, otherwise I fear my landlords will keep my security deposit! Please help!!
Try Baking Soda and wash it off with a sponge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will never use these things again. We used them on a big window and they left red marks. I found using windex lots of scrubbing worked. Also Mr. Clean eraser. Good luck!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Window clings in general are cancer. My inlaws love, and I mean LOVE giving them to our daughter. They are garbage and just make a mess of the window. Not to mention, if you leave them on for a while, they leave a sticky residue that is a PITA to remove.

Ban em, ban em for good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts