Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am in need of assistance for fake zombie eyes. Now i have seen plenty of professional props that have zombie eyes in them on ebay. You know the ones where the pupil is very hazy and the whole eye is kinda hazy too. Anyways, i was wondering if these are all handmade or can you buy them somewhere. I want to put one maybe two in my ground breaker but i can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can get these or make these eyes?

Thanks a lot,

Nick

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey everyone,

I am in need of assistance for fake zombie eyes. Now i have seen plenty of professional props that have zombie eyes in them on ebay. You know the ones where the pupil is very hazy and the whole eye is kinda hazy too. Anyways, i was wondering if these are all handmade or can you buy them somewhere. I want to put one maybe two in my ground breaker but i can't find them anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can get these or make these eyes?

Thanks a lot,

Nick
You might try the Madmartian Eye Shop: Eyeball Museum Gift Shop

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
You could always make a pair of Merlin's Easy Eyes.
Seeing as how I would never be able to come up with deodorant balls, I wonder if you could get the same effect from ping pong balls. I have used them for eyes before and I liked them. I am thinking with the irises from HH and the epoxy or some other plastic coating they might look just as good. Opinions? Of course with ping pong balls you cannot make them opaque, so it may not work for your zombie.
Here a few (blurry) shots of my dummies with ping pong eyes. Of course their irises are just black markered in, except for the one with blue eyes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Reminds me of my Crypt Keeper's eyes.

Thanks for that link, Mr_Chicken! I've been looking for a good tutorial on making eyes like that. I wonder if there are any alternatives to using deodorant balls, though.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Marbles maybe? When I was a kid the big ones were called boulders.maybe google marbles?or hit someplace like toys are us. If you find something please let us know many on here are looking too.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
daddy, you beat me to it. I just found the link to that page for the eye blanks and was going to post it. Glad you did. They have lots of good stuff on there. Thanks.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually found some real prostetic eyes on Ebay that i am bidding on right now.

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
Seeing as how I would never be able to come up with deodorant balls, I wonder if you could get the same effect from ping pong balls. I have used them for eyes before and I liked them. I am thinking with the irises from HH and the epoxy or some other plastic coating they might look just as good. Opinions? Of course with ping pong balls you cannot make them opaque, so it may not work for your zombie.
The only difference between using ping pong balls and deodorant balls would be that the deodorant balls are bigger.
I have a plaster mold of a half deodorant ball that I fill with hot glue to make my eyes. This way, I only needed one ball to begin with. I use a half mold because most props only have half an eye visible.....Come to think of it, that mold was actually taken of a ball of clay-- even easier!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use ping pong balls and get a very realistic looking result ( I suppose, I havent seen that many eyeballs popped out of the socket but) I would suggest putting an iris printout on the ping pong ball using a clear nail polish followed by a transparent white polish over the iris to cloud it slightly.

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
Hmmmm, hot glue. I like that idea. Then you can get that opaque look if you want.
Well, the hot glue dries semi-opaque, whereas a regular plastic ball is completely opaque. Not sure if the translucency of the glue really does anything for it-- I always paint the whole thing over, then apply the iris.

Interesting tip: if you paint the eye black, then paint it white on top of that, leaving the white somewhat uneven, before applying the iris and red details, it creates a more convincing illusion of a real, multi-layered eyeball.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts