Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
650 Posts
You should also check out Terra's tutorials under her profile, just find any post of hers, and she has a link in her signature. You can make really cool tombstones, it just takes a little practice.:D

· Registered
650 Posts
I'll have to try the water on the foam before torching to see the effect....You would've laughed watching me torch the foam bookcase with REAL FIRE out in the drive way this past summer....There was a couple times I thought the whole thing was going up in flames but in the end it came out really cool...Twisted and warped...Bottom line, Don't be afraid to experiment!...If you explain to people what kind of finish you want, people will give you all kinds of ideas here....Try a couple different approaches and figure out what works best for you...ZR
Hey Zombie,
If you have a heat gun for paintremovale, you really get the same effect except you don't go up in flames, also add a drop of dish soap to your water for a wetting agent, it makes the effect much easier to produce, and if you use a heat gun remember water and electricity don't mix(those puddles can be hell!!:eek:)

· Registered
650 Posts
So what is this water technique is there a tutorial about that?Haven't heard this one.
Sure there is, it's Keeba's tomstone technique, you can find it here:
Keebas tombstones
She doesn't use a heat gun, but a torch, but I found I had more control with a heat gun.:D
She also doesn't use the soap in the water, but again, I found that it really creates more control over the effect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.