Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! My name is Lilie, and I'm new here. I'm a HUGE Halloween fan, and I seem to be the only one around my immediate friend group that really takes Halloween seriously. Past dressing up as something funny, I mean. I like Halloween to be terrifying, and I'm having trouble coming up with a good costume. I was a broken porcelain doll last year, which was absolutely lovely, but I'm planning on being outside this year, and I live in the midwest. It's getting chilly NOW, in September.

I also wanted to organize a Halloween something in the quad of my college. Something like a scattered mob scene made up of victims, killers, and the dead. I was thinking about playing the victim who was driven insane and screams and sobs and runs up to people who walk by to beg for help. Has anyone ever done something like this before? I'm not very good at leading; do you have specifics that would be helpful? What should I tell others to do? Do you have any clips/videos that would give me ideas?

Another thing. I'd like white contacts, but I've never worn contacts before. What's it like? What's a good place to buy cheap white contacts? Also, a silver/white morph body suit as a cheap price.

I'm 5'2 with short, curly red hair and petite stature. I need a costume to fit my body type.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a morph suit at $30, but I was hoping to search until I found the cheapest thing imaginable. I'm a poor college student. Booo.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,623 Posts
Since your on a budget, I think you should look at thrift stores. They usually have discounted costumes in there too, brand new in package. And some that are used. Last year mine had 2 rows dedicated to costumes.

If your crafty, you can always modify a piece if it doesnt fit. Also, adding accessories is a good option. If you want to go super cheap, you can get some cheap normal clothes from there and then mess them up.

Add some elmers glue and toilet paper to make scars and glue them to your face. Add some red fake blood, can get a little vial for $1.00 most anywhere. Then you can be the crazed attacked student :) I like that idea hehe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could do that! I like to use a lot of make up if I can find a tutorial on youtube, because I'm pretty good at replicating them. My friend (who works in makeup effects) knows how to make blood, so I'll just get the recipe from her.
That's a good time.
Thanks!
I'll need to find out where there are Halloween stores in my new college town...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't seem to have any real scary costume ideas... I mean horrifying. Like stepping out of a psychological thriller/Supernatural season one episode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts