Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

We are having a costume party at our firehouse at the end of the month and decided to really go all out (as much as we can afford to being a volunteer fire co. )

I wanted to rig something special for the doorway to really start the night off right, but I am not sure how to do it.

What i want to do is build a platform or mat that when stepped on, triggers a shot of compressed air at their feet/legs. Simple, but loud as heck and totally unexpected.

How can I do this cheap? I think I am over-thinking the project, but I really could use some help. Thanks!!!

-Brian.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info.

I have a feeling that may be more complex than I have time to deal with. Plus, I dont see how to get it to trigger on its own, unless i am adding in motion sensors to trigger it - which may not work because of the fog and other stuff we have going on.

Anyone know of a cheap storebought version?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
This details a quick, cheap, and easy pressure pad. How to Make a Simple Mat Switch

You can then setup a bucket of water, rubber tubing, blow tip on an air compressor, and a control module to create a mister. It shows the same effect as fog and it's loud enough to startle someone.
I will have to look around this forum to show you the mister setup idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts