Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I had decided to not decorate this year due to the fact that we were preparing to move. Well, the preparations have just been taking longer and longer and with the economy the way it is, we are still in the same house and probably will be until at least the new year. Because I had already decided to not decorate this year, I do not have any designs or plans, so I was going to just spend this Halloween at a local movie theater showing Nightmare on Elm Street, or maybe going to a party.

Today, my friends and extended family were all together for an event, that I was not at, and they got to discussing Halloween (because apparently I've been grumpy about it since October started.) Anyways, I got a call from one of them saying that several, five I think, are willing to help me put together a display and they want to have dinner on Tuesday to try to convince me to do it.

While I am deeply moved by the fact that they want to help and that I have been upset about not doing it lately, I am not sure if I should do it. With just a couple weeks left, I would have to drastically have to cut back on my display and I do not know if I would be able to put together something that I would be proud of in the time we have left. I have worked for years to build my reputation as "The Halloween House" and I do not want to tarnish that with a display that was thrown together. But, I worry that if I do not have a display I would be disappointing my friends and family and a lot of my neighbors.

What would you guys do?

Thanks

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
i think you really really want to do something.

you must have some things you can set up, maybe work it into a goodbye to the neighborhood theme? LOL i dont know how though.

Do something. just comit the friends and family to being there to help take it down!

Go out to the garage and pull out a few things that go up easy...work it from there...

You know you want to. ;)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
If it's about having the best display then don't do it....If it's about having fun with your friends and family and enjoying the holiday then I say go for it!....I didn't get anything near what I wanted to have done this year (mainly because no money) but I'm really looking forward to the party anyway because it's still fun no matter what I have for decorations and as you mentioned, everyone around you looks forward to it as well....It's great to have family and friends to make memories with.....If you look at it that way, it won't matter how much you get done....I'd make it for Nov 1 though so you have enough time to do something....That's still 3 weeks....Just my opinion....Good Luck....ZR

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,855 Posts
I'd do SOMETHING if it was me. You've got volunteers, props from previous years, and three weeks (give or take a day) till the big night.

While it won't be the most elaborate, well-planned setup you've ever done, you can be happy with what you can get set up and the neighborhood will be thrilled with whatever you do.

:)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Are you kidding me???? You have the opportunity, the location, AND people begging to help you set up??? HELL yes you should do it!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Definately do it! You've got FIVE people willing to help you, and with no fears of moving till at least the New Year... Go for it!

·
Registered
284 Posts
yet another saying, "do something." :)

It sounds like you really want to, so go for it. Do what you can with what you have. Maybe it won't be your most mind-blowing setup ever, but afterward, I'm betting you'll be glad you did what you could. Do it. :D

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your support.

I decided yesterday to just go ahead and not do because most of the volunteers flaked and I just couldn't come up with any ideas.

When I got home today, I was looking at my house, thinking about whether or not I had made the right decision when I was struck with an idea. So, Halloween 08 is on!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Outstanding! What makes it so good, and so much above the average haunt, is that you thought in mega-terms, and not just "throw a lot of props in the yard".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts