Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I bought the http://atmosfearfx.com/ pumpkin jamboree DVD. It is a wonderful effect, I love the animation and expressions. I'm having a few problems though, first I'm having a hard time finding I guess the right sized pumpkins. When the pumpkins project off the DVD, they project not only the faces, but their pumpkin shape too. Unless I get this perfectly lined up, which I'm finding impossible, I get the projected pumpkin outline either a tad too small on the real pumpkin or on the wall behind it .. which gives away the effect a bit. Is anyone else having that problem, am I being too picky? Also because of time restraints, this year I need to have the pumpkins sitting on either the top step of my porch or on the porch rail, both are rather elevated. I find the projector works the best straight on, I'm boggled at how to hide the projector, but not block view of the pumpkins. The easier the solution the better it would be since we are close to Halloween. Next year I'll plan it out better. Here's a picture of the porch I have to work with.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The singing pumpkins that I've seen only have the animated pumpkin faces against a black screen. I thought the atmosfear fx dvd was just a movie to play or project on a screen, and not actual pumpkins. I could be wrong about that. I bought the atmosfear fx silhouette dvd myself, which is awesome.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok .. you all are right and thank you. My daughter and I were playing with it only in the projector and never got the dvd to the right place. We popped it in the computer after reading this, found the right function and watched it. Put it back in the dvd player and kept scrolling until we found just the faces .. now it works awesome. Thank you, I was going nuts.

If anyone has an easy idea to hide the projector I'm all ears. Thanks again.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ok....on the main menu there are three choices. 1. TV / Monitor 2. Window or 3. Pumpkins. You need to use the third option "Pumpkins". Then another menu will come up. The choices should be 1. Single pumpkin or 2. Pumpkin Trio. Pick "Pumpkin Trio. Then you will have a third menu. The choices will be 1. Play All 2. Songs 3. Stories or 4. Funny faces. I would use number one "Play All". Those steps will give you a black back ground with only the cut out faces being projected.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't know what your plan is for Halloween night??? Are you going to allow TOT's to come up to your front door?? If so, I would take down your swinging seat and use that area to display the pumpkins. I would use a hay bail or two to block off the area and hide the projector at the top of your steps. I would project the pumpkins down the left side of your porch where the swing is located. You can use hay bails to sit he pumpkins on or go to your local super market and get some of those wooden crates that corn on the cob is shipped in and use those to prop up the pumpkins. The crates look cool with some of that spooky fabric or a large fishing net draped over it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what your plan is for Halloween night??? Are you going to allow TOT's to come up to your front door?? If so, I would take down your swinging seat and use that area to display the pumpkins. I would use a hay bail or two to block off the area and hide the projector at the top of your steps. I would project the pumpkins down the left side of your porch where the swing is located. You can use hay bails to sit he pumpkins on or go to your local super market and get some of those wooden crates that corn on the cob is shipped in and use those to prop up the pumpkins. The crates look cool with some of that spooky fabric or a large fishing net draped over it.
Sorry I disappeared there, my DH and went on a road trip to Delaware to pick up a fishing boat I bought him for his birthday.

I'm sorry I was vague in the above post. We don't have kids come up on the porch, we get too many kids and having them come up on the steps kind of causes traffic jams. We set up in the yard and hand out candy from there. I would like to set the pumpkins on the top steps and create a barrier so the kids can't climb the steps to them. Or setting the up on the railings would be another alternative.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ok....you could set up a table in front of the steps and decorate it or keep the candy you are handing out on it. Put a table cloth of some sort over the table but leave the back side open and hide your projector under the table. Depending on the projectors throw you will need to put the table about 6 - 10 ft in front of the steps on your walkway. The table will serve as both a barrier and hiding place for the projector. You could also put a chair on each end of the table to sit in and extend the barrier a little.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I disappeared there, my DH and went on a road trip to Delaware to pick up a fishing boat I bought him for his birthday.

I'm sorry I was vague in the above post. We don't have kids come up on the porch, we get too many kids and having them come up on the steps kind of causes traffic jams. We set up in the yard and hand out candy from there. I would like to set the pumpkins on the top steps and create a barrier so the kids can't climb the steps to them. Or setting the up on the railings would be another alternative.
Thanks for the help Sid, a table is probably what I'll do this year. Next year I'll work out something better to integrate them more into the scene. We are using a fog machine/chiller too, so I need them off the ground because of that too. I'm going to set everything up tonight, do a trial run and figure out placement, hopefully the fog will stay low enough to not obscure the pumpkins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts