Halloween Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
I know your pain. I still have food to buy before they vanish from the shelves, a few more decorations I have to hunt down, I have to get all the costume pieces, then work on aging/distressing the fabric...this isn't good.

I have no idea what the heck I'm going to do.

·
Registered
363 Posts
seems like the more I get done the more there is to do, put my crypt wall up just to have 40mph winds come and had to spend yesterday putting it back together
for the second year

·
Registered
211 Posts
Feel your pain on time and weather, setup my sinking pirate ship on Wednesday because forecast was light winds reminder of week, storm blew in Thursday night and the so called forecast gust of 20 soon were approaching 50 mph...luckily it stayed in place (generous staking) but had to spend extra time fixing it back up on Friday. Plus doing Octoberfest with my neighbor today, brats and beer for 20-30, so though fun, more time lost for prep.

seems like the more I get done the more there is to do, put my crypt wall up just to have 40mph winds come and had to spend yesterday putting it back together
for the second year

·
Registered
363 Posts
yea not much getting done here wind and rain again thought I had it well bolted down alway's seems to be something I forgot to do

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Much has already been done but stuff keeps going wrong. My monster I built this spring fell over due to a miscalculation and his entire face got smashed in. His arms and body are salvageable but I have to completely rebuild his head which is not going to happen by Halloween. I also just keep having one thing after another go wrong. Nothing huge but the cumulative effect is utter frustration.

I am wondering if there is a point where I'm just going to say f' it, pack everything up and just wait till next year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I almost always approach the give up phase at some point in October, but somehow (ok with beer) find a way to keep going. This year was dry brushing some detail on my dock pilings and was thinking that no one will notice it, just myself, why spend time on it, but I did it anyway. Steady as she goes and keep a weather eye open, me hearties...

sent from my Galaxy S5 with tapatalk

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I almost always approach the give up phase at some point in October, but somehow (ok with beer) find a way to keep going. This year was dry brushing some detail on my dock pilings and was thinking that no one will notice it, just myself, why spend time on it, but I did it anyway. Steady as she goes and keep a weather eye open, me hearties...

sent from my Galaxy S5 with tapatalk
Yep hit that stage about oh...4 times now. But I dig deep and remind myself it's for the kids (so I tell myself as it's as much for me). This is my version of trick or treating. I have my to do list made and I will make it if I have to devote 12 hour a day.

It's nice to know I am not alone in the time race or the details. Even if no one notices, I know.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yep hit that stage about oh...4 times now. But I dig deep and remind myself it's for the kids (so I tell myself as it's as much for me). This is my version of trick or treating. I have my to do list made and I will make it if I have to devote 12 hour a day.

It's nice to know I am not alone in the time race or the details. Even if no one notices, I know.
yea the little things always seems to get me and the things I wanted to do but just couldn't accomplish, have to remind myself as I have seen said here
that no one know what you did not get done, just what you have
but still there is something I always want to work and it won't this year is my snoopy solute to rise be hind my moon but I just had to give up

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is it bad I'm not worried? I have two major projects I need to start and a few small ones but I procrastinated last year and it turned out okay. I'll hopefully start the big projects tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts