Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, brand new to this board. I tried searching a little bit, but didn't seem to find what I was looking for. I am desperately searching for this Halloween supply catalog company, because a couple years ago my mom had one and it was awesome. It was a couple years ago, maybe 6 or 7, but I remember that it was about as thick as a phonebook (pretty thick), and it only came out like, every 5 years. It had everything you could imagine in it, from small plastic toys, to costumes, to animatronic haunted house props that were tens of thousands of dollars. I searched all over the internet and I just can't seem to find it, argh! I want to get a current catalog because it was just so cool. Please, please, please, can anyone help me? Thank you! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did check out Fright Catalog and that just didn't seem like it was it. The one I'm referring to had to have been 100+ pages. It was huge! I used to look at it over and over again, so I know I'm not imagining things, lol. This is just gonna drive me nuts!

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
Did your mom have a business? If so I'm wondering if it was from a wholesale company. To be honest in this day and age of the internet and shipping costs and printed paper catalogs, I had have to wonder if it would exist any longer. I suspect most stores and haunts go to trade shows and get to see what all the new offerings are or that are coming out.

Sounds like a great resource and if you find out what is was I'd sure be interested too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ughhh, I'm going crazy. I could take a trip out to my mom's house and see if she still has it, but it had to have been from... jeez, maybe 2001? I do specifically remember it was something like a 2000-2005 catalog. And I've seen Oriental Trading ones before and I know those aren't it. Aw man, and I thought for sure I'd be able to find it! I remember some old guy in a top hat was on the front, haha. Anyway, thanks to all for your help. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, yeah, I do think my mom got it from someone (a friend who did, in fact, own a business), so it may have been a wholesale company. I just wish I remembered the name of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also remember the most expensive thing they had in it too (LOL). It was a 14 foot ogre, that was animatronic. It was 10,000 dollars, I think.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
did your parents sell merchandise or have a friend who did? there is a catalog called rubies and another catalog but i can't think of the name right off hand. they don't sell to the main public. to get a catalog you have to be a business and set up an account. you have to order a large amount of everything and spend a set amount. you also have to have a sales tax number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hallo renescene-

I'm really not sure about any of that. But it could very well be! Now that I'm looking at it, the Fright Catalog is the closest to the kind of stuff it had in it. But the only thing that threw me off about that is that it runs every year-- the one I saw, like I said, was something like a once every 5 year thing.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
call me hallo. rubies and the other catalog i am thinking of only come out every so many years and they are thick. they have everything from costumes to decorations. i know the other name, can't think of it off hand. target and companies like that order big time from them.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The catalog is a wholesale catalog and it is for businesses with a tax id #. The last one was put out about 4 years ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts