Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year because we didnt have a party I decided to do a small something for the TOT's. (normally I do nothing, normally I'm not even home) the response was pretty awesome! People were taking pictures, asking questions etc. And all I did was use my black light sheets and created a small black light area on the porch...complete with black light clown. I had the curtain open early on (since most little kids come earlier in the day) then when the bigger kids came I closed it...so they didnt know what was there.

I want to do something this year as well but dont know what. I want something scary but not thearpy scary. I wanted to do something with dolls or a circus theme but everyone tells me thats pretty traumatizing. What can i do?

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
I want to do something this year as well but dont know what. I want something scary but not thearpy scary. I wanted to do something with dolls or a circus theme but everyone tells me thats pretty traumatizing. What can i do?
Well clowns worked last year and I think you should expand on it. Clowns have become a pretty standard Halloween thing, so I wouldn't worry too much about it traumatizing anyone too much. I don't know how your area is, but most people where I live do a typical cemetery theme (I happen to love this theme so I use it). I don't think I've seen anyone with clowns. If your area is the same than you would have something unique and different from everyone else.
You seem to like clowns and if that's your thing, go for it! You already take steps to make it more kid friendly when the little kids come around and that's great! So don't worry, because it sounds like you already have a great thing going!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do a circus style tent, get a cheapy hula hope and different colored table clothes and create a big top sytle tent under your porch. And I agree with the creepy circus music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts