Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading so many great ideas here but this is my first post. I've been doing a family Halloween party for about 12 years now and I feel like I am all out of inspiration this year. :eek: My first party was some friends and their kids - little kids at the time - in costumes. Over the years the party has evolved from yard games for the kids, scavenger hunts, a magician a few times and last year we had a fortune teller to go with our Cirque du Halloween theme. And always, no matter how big the kids get we HAVE to do Wrap the Mummy - everyone loves that! The party size has grown as well with 30 - 60 guests each year. I've only skipped the party twice - once when we had a hurricane and no power and once when my dad passed away. I love, love, LOVE doing the decorating and really look forward to the guests seeing the house on party night. Every single thing in my house becomes Halloween for the party - every picture or mirror is either covered in a spooky print or poster or creepy cloth, cobwebs and spiders everywhere, black lights and candles only, bats on the walls & skeletons wherever I can put them. Even the friends that have been coming every year find something they haven't seen before (I only buy decorations AFTER the holiday so I never pay retail for anything!) So having said all that, I am feeling really stifled this year. Most of the kids are now teens or pre-teens, and I am racking my brain trying to think of ways to entertain them! My first thought was music so everyone can dance - we did a little of that last year and it was a blast - but my husband thinks our house is too small for a DJ which I thought would be somewhat more interesting then just a play list on the ipod. Maybe I'm over thinking and should just play music and let people do their own thing but I'm curious - how do all of you fellow Halloween revelers feel about entertainment at a Halloween party? It's difficult to say each year how many people will show up and some games just aren't good for a crowd but has anyone done anything with a large group that was really popular? Thanks so much for the input and all the wonderful inspiration that I get from this site!! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
We used to have an ELABORATE party with every surface decorated, special playlist, haunted trail, the works! Still, the most popular thing was the two fire pits we had for seating and roasting marshmallows. Even when our kids got to be teens, they would always gravitate to the fire pits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts