Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading so many great ideas here but this is my first post. I've been doing a family Halloween party for about 12 years now and I feel like I am all out of inspiration this year. :eek: My first party was some friends and their kids - little kids at the time - in costumes. Over the years the party has evolved from yard games for the kids, scavenger hunts, a magician a few times and last year we had a fortune teller to go with our Cirque du Halloween theme. And always, no matter how big the kids get we HAVE to do Wrap the Mummy - everyone loves that! The party size has grown as well with 30 - 60 guests each year. I've only skipped the party twice - once when we had a hurricane and no power and once when my dad passed away. I love, love, LOVE doing the decorating and really look forward to the guests seeing the house on party night. Every single thing in my house becomes Halloween for the party - every picture or mirror is either covered in a spooky print or poster or creepy cloth, cobwebs and spiders everywhere, black lights and candles only, bats on the walls & skeletons wherever I can put them. Even the friends that have been coming every year find something they haven't seen before (I only buy decorations AFTER the holiday so I never pay retail for anything!) So having said all that, I am feeling really stifled this year. Most of the kids are now teens or pre-teens, and I am racking my brain trying to think of ways to entertain them! My first thought was music so everyone can dance - we did a little of that last year and it was a blast - but my husband thinks our house is too small for a DJ which I thought would be somewhat more interesting then just a play list on the ipod. Maybe I'm over thinking and should just play music and let people do their own thing but I'm curious - how do all of you fellow Halloween revelers feel about entertainment at a Halloween party? It's difficult to say each year how many people will show up and some games just aren't good for a crowd but has anyone done anything with a large group that was really popular? Thanks so much for the input and all the wonderful inspiration that I get from this site!! :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts