Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that this is the correct place to ask this question! If not then I apologize...I bought this tombstone from Target last year with their big clearance but it does have a missing finger (I could not find it to reattach) What is the best product to use to make a new one and what do I use to attach securely? Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Recarve it out of styrofoam (a lot easier than you think), then use liguid nails for styrofoam to attach. I would insert a 2"-3" finishing nail in the hand and finger to anchor it while drying. Then use either latex or acrylic paint to match and shade.

Then give us the finished finger :D

Good Luck! PM me if you need help!

·
Registered
623 Posts
If the tombstone is hard plastic (resin) then you can form a finger out of something like Apoxie Sculpt. You won't have to glue it on because you can form it in place and it will stick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are great tips and ideas! Thank you I will be showing the final product when my husband and I decide which we will do ;)

I believe it is made of resin if that helps.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
I like boatlesspirates advice - I do think it'd be easier than you think. You can always do the bloody approach as a fallback.

Maybe you should ask around though. Maybe you gave the middle finger to someone? Possibly after getting cut-off in traffic?

(Sorry, I think it was kind of inevitable.) ;)

·
Undertaker
3,190 Posts
I wonder if you can just form one out of paraffin wax and attach it with a nail or needle as previously suggested. I would also add a "press on nail" cut to match and just paint it. It's gonna be in the dark anyway.

·
Registered
330 Posts
To be honest I kind of like it the way it is. Even stone wears over time and pieces fall off or get broken. I have a couple of stones that broke in the wind and I still put them up even though they are cracked in half because it makes the GY look more realistic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if you can just form one out of paraffin wax and attach it with a nail or needle as previously suggested. I would also add a "press on nail" cut to match and just paint it. It's gonna be in the dark anyway.
That is true..hmm I will have to consider that.
Everyone here is so helpful. Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts