Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - so it really sounds weird to be asking for help on this, but I am.
I need to make zombie drool that will stay flexible for a static prop that may be later have the jaw animated.
Anyone have have an idea? It can be clear, white-ish, or light red (blood mixed) -ish.
HM

·
Registered
201 Posts
Maybe a clear plastic bag? You can cut it to shape and maybe roll it up a bit? Hot glue gun?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Poly adhesive stuff- locktight? it comes with two tubes that mixes the stuff. I used it last year on my zombie around his teeth and as drool- you can even add color to it and it looks amazing- very shiny "wet" look.cost me maybe $5 at meijer- smells awful though

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use food wrap and a heat gun and also different plastic bags and such
The food wrap clings to the frame you build, is weatherproof will last you longer. Isn't affected as much with moisture and won't attract insects etc
It's what I use for any outdoor props. And the melted effects are really good for detail once painted with acrylics.
Apply a couple coatings of Matt outdoor varnish when done.
Just another option for you.
I have a couple of things done on my profile or posts I've made

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
When I built my Animated Wolf several years ago, I wanted him to have drool dripping from his mouth. What I ended up using was a LARGE piece of that sticky/rubbery stuff that holds your new credit card to the cardboard when they mail it to you. You know---the stuff you have to peel off and throw away? I think it was from an art kit or something my kids bought that I found the big pieces of that stuff to use. It's very realistic as drool and the neighborhood kids are forever pulling it off and I have to stitch it back on.

Here's a video (sorry about the sideways view):

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/DaveNTracy/media/Halloween 2013/045_zps8d77d2c6.mp4.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts