Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i started to paint my expanding foam guts and paint and fake blood just disappear:eek: what im adoing wrong? I have acrylic paint and fake blood from store, please help :confused:

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Different expanding foams have different densities, and some of them end up curing very porous - this has the problem of soaking up thinner paints and such.
I had a batch in the past that was so porous, that all my thin paint kept getting sucked up - I had to paint over with a thick, latex paint (some drywall primer) to seal the surface. I was then able to paint without trouble.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Ugly Joe has a great point. To add to that - what brand of fake blood are you using? I used PermaBlood from Pale Night Productions and it was thick enough not to get soaked into the expanding foam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use red metallic spray paint, then once dry add a top coat of glue blood (Stiltbeast formula). The glue blood dries with a wet look to it, and is far better than any of the store bought bloods. It is clear Elmer's school glue with several drops of red food coloring and a single drop of blue food coloring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts