Halloween Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,830 Posts

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,632 Posts
Awesome pictures on this thread, and I also have been inspired with this thread. I wanted to decorate my bedroom (obviously for my own enjoyment) since my parents aren't deeply into Halloween (my mom thinks it's too early to put it out :rolleyes:). I can't do a whole lot out anyway because there isn't much space in the yard. But I was thinking about using the two military trucks in my yard to my advantage. Skeletons in uniform, with nice lights to light them up...just haven't figured out the statistics yet!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Actually, I've refined my idea some while I was mindless working at work.... doing like a crime scene in the bathroom, some tape on the floor in a human shape, bloody prints everywhere (like the ones you can peel off) blood on the shower curtain, etc...

..in the hallway leading to our rooms make it into a cemetery with some cutoff tombstones on the wall and maybe like some of the purple string lights and maybe a prop or two?

...in the living room do like a hanging skeleton wrapped in spider webs, with my orange glowing spider web in the corner, with a scene setter reaper facing that way...maybe add like some red glowing lights to the skeleton? (dunno how, just throwing that out there)...and some general other stuff

...outside balcony...still drawing a blank, but I'll think of something.

Hey does anybody know how well those webcaster guns work? I'm afraid of the cleanup afterwards and someone said something about needing an air compressor?

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
ChangedReality,
Okay, for the living room: Cover chairs and sofas with white sheets, sprinkle baby powder on tables (for dust). I made a body under the sofa one year by taking a pair of jeans, stuffing the legs, and attach an old pair of shoes. Hang cheese cloth or spider webbing on wall hangings (tilt a few - just a little). Rubber rats, plastic flys, old books, candles or faux candles. Orange lights for a Haunted room looks really cool (unless you're wanting to use Black lights...which works well with the sheets.) Look at everything and think "old".

Hope these help.

I did my patio, when I was in an apartment, as a graveyard...(course I had a black metal railing around mine. Doesn't work as well if you have the wooden enclosed type.) Since you are up high, why not just decorate the patio door, hang a FCG, and set up pumpkins outside like a pumpkin patch.

For my Hall, I ususally do a dungeon tunnel...hang scones/or the fake flame torches, stone paper and hang Skeletons with fake chains you can buy.

I've got a lot of photo's on here (my albums) of the last Apartment Party I did. Take a look and see if it will give you ideas.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
My first prop: Fence
My second prop: FCG

Then it was all downhill or uphill, depending on your viewpoint. ;-)

·
Registered
13,830 Posts
ChangedReality, here's a hallway idea with lit hands I remembered someone named Night Owl posted about last year when she decorated their interior. I believe these were Lowe's pathway markers (I had bought other body parts there and had passed on the hands, and after seeing her photos wished I hadn't). I really liked the idea and maybe you will too. I guess the hands were hung with something like those removable 3M hooks and the electrical wire and plug was covered by the draped spooky cloth.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wow those are really amazing... and even if not lit that's still a good idea. I'm thinking about also attaching some string lights to some spooky cloth and putting it over the doorway into the hallway, that way they couldn't see the inside of the hall...that'd be pretty cool, methinks.

I also just realized that I've come up with ideas everywhere except for my own bedroom! UGH :p lol

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
What I did in my bedroom one year was to make a dummy on the bed and cover with a white sheet and lay black roses across the chest. Then I covered my dresser and end tables and put candles on them. The walls were covered in black plastic and I hung black lights. So the bed really stood out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have done a haunted house before in an old rundown house. In the bathroom we had a creepy girl face cling on the mirror, and a silhouette behind a shower curtain. We had a funeral parlor in the living room, and my hubby built a toe pincher coffin and rigged up a skeleton to pop up out of it. The kitchen was a mad scientist lab, with Scene setters for the walls,lots of labeled cool bottles, and an old shower stall in a corner with a skeleton in it rigged up to look like an experiment chamber. I’m sure if you Surf around, you will find tons of cool ideas to spook up your pad. Happy decorateing💀

21 - 35 of 35 Posts