Halloween Forum banner

I need help aging...

3878 Views 44 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  shopcomparecostumes
my props!

Seriously, I love building, but I have no clue how to age. I think I'm just nervous. I spend all this time planing, carving, and painting -- and it looks good. Too good . . like new! :rolleyes:

I know there are some tutorials and other threads that touch on the basics of aging your props. I am mainly looking to age tombstones, and possibly some structures like the cider hut, mausoleum, and towers.

I live in the Northwest, so we have rain and moss as strong aspects to aging. I know what I like, but not how to get it.

If no one can help, I'm gonna have to call Litemareb4xmas, JohnnyAppleseed, and YardHauntJunkie over for a "prop aging" BBQ!! :D
(you've been warned!!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
I have a really hard time aging and distressing my stuff as well. But, the best advice I can give is 1. find detailed pictures of the look you're going for. And 2. Just go for it. It'll be kinda scary, but once you start, you'll actually get into it as you see your prop looking better and better...or in this case, worse. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.