Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a piece of classic Halloween music that I can't identify. I want to say it's Disney, but I know it's not on the 1964 "Thrilling Chilling Sounds of the Haunted House" album.

Listen to the track halloween_music.mp3 in the "Halloween" folder at briefcase.yahoo.com/randy__woods. The narration is new; what I need to know is the source of the background music.

Thanks for your expertise!

Randy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like possibly a looped excerpt from one of the works of Krzysztof Penderecki. I only say so because of the string techniques being used. The tonality sounds like it centers around D-flat (the oboe plays D-flat, G-flat, A-flat, F).

If you are simply looking for background music, Penderecki is often used. 'Utrenja Ewangelia' was used in the original 'The Shining.' 'Brutal Life,' 'The Dream of Jacob, 'Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima' have a definite creep factor, but most of his works fall into the same vein.

YouTube has plenty of videos with Penderecki samples.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have that track, untitled, on a generic Halloween music/sound effects cassette I think is called "Haunted House." There's no identification anywhere on what the track is or who did it, but I suspect it is probably library music, similar to some stuff available on the "Capitol Hi-Q" library collection that was used extensively in "Night of the Living Dead." I wouldn't be surprised if it is from the early to mid-50's. But yes, it is not an unknown or unheard track.

There are probably music/sound effects message boards that can point you to the track title and artist, as there are--very likely--many people out there familiar with this track. I think a little more searching and posting will yield the results you want!

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts