Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
That's why you can't find one with a 2-pin connector, Step Pads are not made to work with the "Try Me" connection. Your prop needs a "Step Pad" connection which is typically a 3.5mm phone jack. I have controllers specially made for props with "Try Me" connections, you can view the thread here:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I Need A Step Pad But I Need A Pin/Prong One I Do Not Know Where To Buy One. View attachment 713815
Please Comment Links To Buy One Below. Thank You!
At one point they did use two prong connectors for step pads, but these step pads were produced about a decade ago in very low quantity. Best of luck finding one!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
At one point they did use two prong connectors for step pads, but these step pads were produced about a decade ago in very low quantity. Best of luck finding one!
Even so, the pic he posted shows a "Try Me" connection. A step pad won't work properly there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What if you spliced them together? Just take a new step pad, cut the wire and splice into a "try me" connection. Seems to me like it should work.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
What if you spliced them together? Just take a new step pad, cut the wire and splice into a "try me" connection. Seems to me like it should work.
Try Me Buttons will trigger the prop when pressed but a second press before the sequence is complete will stop the prop. That's why a step pad won't work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try Me Buttons will trigger the prop when pressed but a second press before the sequence is complete will stop the prop. That's why a step pad won't work.
I Ordered A Step Pad With It With The Right Attachment But It Is Out Of Stock Now And The One I Got Was Broken

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am now looking for one. If anyone could guide me in the right direction of finding one that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Looking for a spirit step pad? If so I'll sell one or a couple. They are new and unused, came with animatronics I have but I don't use the pads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts