Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a brain in a jar and am looking for a brain, oreferably artiifical. Can anyone suggest a vendor?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,148 Posts
I have this one, and it's pretty nifty:
Realistic Color-Changing Brain

The color change looks really cool, but it is small.

US Toy is a very good store:
US TOY Carnival/Novelty Division website

Their website won't let me show the exact link, but search for:

"Life-Size Brain"
Everyone will shutter at this life size brain. Made of rubber. Size 5½" L. X 3½" W X 3½" W.
Item #: FA841

It's not really life-sized :rolleyes: but it's only $3.95. They also have a good selection of Halloween stuff and TOT toys.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Are you going to fill the jar with liquid? If so, I would go with an "Expanding Brain". I know it seems silly, but these super-compressed sponges really expand huge if you leave them in warm water for a while.

One expanding brain will fill a jar in about a day -- and look incredible. I love these things, and the're afordable.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
i have a brain for you , my sister's boyfriend as one he doesnt use so that would be perfect ...... :rolleyes:

.............sorry when i saw the thread title i just couldnt resist :D

joke asside the color changing brain like frankie's girl mentioned is very cool i have one in my mad lab , the batteries usually work all evening too ....

or the ones at dollar stores that grow in water do a great job (at least the ones i found here do ),espacially for the texture if you have kids touch it i have 5 or 6 in a uge water jar for the past 2 years and so far so good .

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I actually used a whole cauliflower in a jar with colored water one year...add a splash of milk to make the water sort of murky and it doesn't look half bad. Smelled really bad after a few days when I took the lid off the jar to throw it away, though. :eek:

I laughed at your thread title too, and thought "Don't we all...." :D

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I've used MHooch's Idea of using a cauliflower as well..It really does look quite effective.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the great suggestions. This is a prop I plan to keep up all year so cauliflower may not be the dest route but I can visualize how it would be convincing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts