Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a New Year's call from a fellow I used to work with. Some months ago we spoke and he, Jimmy Duit, complained that his wife was pregnant with their 2nd child. The other kid is already ten, he's 42, she's 35, he was against it, yadda, yadda. They knew the gender, it was another boy. I advised Jimmy, who is Irish, to name the boy Howard. I recall that he came back, with that thick Irish accent, "Now, why would I want to give the kid a name like "Howard"? I said, well, it will be shortened to "Howie", and for his entire life, his friends will introduce him by saying, "This is Howie Duit!"

Anyway, they had the kid over the Holidays, and they DID call him "Howard"!!! Is that cool, or what?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Please tell me you're joking! Of course, it's not your fault, it's their decision.
I know a girl who named her son "Filo" after Clint Eastwood in "Anyway Which Way but Loose" she was a pregnant teen. Her boyfriend's fave movie was said above. I think she's trying to hold on to him or something......

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
Against my better judgement I allowed my middle son to be named Christopher. Our last name is Smith. So I ended up with Chris Smith, Chrismith. I do not call him Chris!

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
I heard of a family that named their daughter Shi-thead. No kidding. When I got older I'd have to kill my parents. LOL JK

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Shi-thead! OMG thats horrible, hope she gets to call them a few choice names when shes older.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts