Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I won't be setting up for Halloween this year. Just found out that the house I rent is in foreclosure. That being said, I have to move, and I do not have room to keep the horse drawn hearse I was building.
So, anyone in the Raleigh, NC area is welcome to it. It is about 90% complete, if you want to come get it I will give you the black or white cloth (treated with RIT fabric whitener so it glows in blacklight) I had for the inside and anything else I need to get rid of, if you want it. I have ALOT of crap. I don't know yet, I have a lot of stuff and I may have to sell my electric chair. But anyway, you can find photos of it here.

ps. the hand holding the light didn't make it, sorry.

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
i feel so sorry for you :(

if i were you i'd try to find a friend (very good friend) who would store it for you. try too keep the small things because if you ever start over at least you'd have something to start with.

the hearse is amazing. if i still lived in Charlotte i'd come take it off your hands for you :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is awful, I feel for you. Is renting a storage area an option? Or maybe a friend would loan you space in their garage? Hate to see you lose what you put all that hard work into. Wishing you luck......

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. I live in Lee County FL and we have the highest foreclosure rate in the country. I have had many of my good friends that have had the same situation. I feel for you. I wish I lived closer. Try to find a bud that will store it for you. Maybe scrimp a few pennies together and rent a storage space. If you can afford it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I am moving halfway across the country, and I still have a playhouse to sell, probably will not be able to take a few other props that are large. Thanks for your kindness.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any chance you will get to stay through haunting season?
Storage garages can be rented with the first month free.. maybe you can put your stuff into a storage until you get your next place. Know anyone with a boat or bike you can share a space with for the winter? Maybe a marina or other type of business with a fenced lot in the area will let you store it in their lot until you move.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
That's really horrible! Your hearse was looking great. I hope you can find a solution on how to hold on to it.... That's really a shame to have to give up your props. They're almost like kids how attached you get. Plus, they don't talk back ;-)........ Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
What's happening in the US in regards to the housing market and banking is a scandal.
And its the average Joe who has to pay for the irresponsibility of big business.
Good luck with your move and I hope you celebrate halloween again next year where ever you are.

MsM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts