Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say, "I love you guys!" I have loved Halloween, horror movies and the macabre for as long as I can remember. No one in my family is into Halloween like I am. No one joins me in decorating the house. The hubby says he tolerates the decorations because it gives me joy, but he hates coming home to a "haunted house." And for sure, no one has the crafting bug. If you guys weren't here I would feel very silly being a grown adult who is into Halloween and still doing arts and crafts.

But here I've met all sorts of wonderful people just like me. I've enjoyed all the posts and creativity. And your comments have spurred me on to set up some really kick a** parties that impress our friends. So thanks Halloween Forum for making a place where we can all hang out and share our love of all things Halloween.
946b73bcdea77f9f5cc3723a8c1d67ca.jpg

·
Registered
393 Posts
Glad you're here! I remember feeling much the same way about the Halloween Forum when I first discovered it all the way back in 2002 (has it really been that long?). I literally live for Halloween and it's nice to have a place you can describe the absolute joy you feel when you see the first Halloween goodies show up on the store shelves or your manager releases you from yacht duties so that you can perform as a scareactor (AKA Halloween Monster) for the entire run of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios!!! Ahhhhhhhh hahahahahaha!! I can hardly wait!!! Nevermore! Nevermore!

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
-HUUUUUUUUGS-

I know exactly how you feel...i'm sure we all can relate to it on some level.
It's just one of those things I can only describe through a quote from one
of my favorite flicks, The Craft: "We are the weirdo's, mister."

:-D

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
I know how you feel, I wish someone in my family was as fanatical about Halloween as I am but alas, that is not to be. My wife likes it on the day of but that is it, to her credit, she does accompany me on the day after sales but that is it. Would be nice to have someone share my visions and collaborate but it is what it is and coming here is what evens it out, I too was thrilled when I discovered this place and all the like minded members. This place has made me a better haunter and I'm glad I'm home

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,032 Posts
I love everyone here, too! It's awesome to have such a great group of people to share my love of Halloween with! Being a member here has given me so many great ideas and help on my Halloween decor...and has made me so many wonderful friends!! :D I can't remember how I found out about Halloween Forum...but let me tell ya', I am SO very glad I did!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I used to feel weird about it also, but now if people don't get me, that's their problem, I was so excited to find this place, and be treated with kindness and respect, and the stuff i've learned here is crazy cool !! So yeah Dawnski, we get it, and love you back!! lol

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I'm in this boat! My 4 yr old loves Halloween, but my older two boys used to, and now, they don't care at all. (14 & 15 yr olds)

My sister decorated when she lived in town, and her daughter loved it too, but sis is out in the country, and my neice is in an apartment, so I'm alone again, for decorating. My parents used to let me decorate their house, but it's gone now, too. (Dad passed, Mom's in a nursing home)

It sucks being the only one, but here, I'm not alone!

·
Registered
327 Posts
We love you, too! It always hurts me a little when people say their families and friends don't support their Halloween hobby. I'm so lucky that my mom is the person who got me into celebrating Halloween full force in the first place, and that she loves scary movies and spooky things, too. My husband, who was never allowed to celebrate as a child/teenager, is really supportive of my hobby. He's supportive of all of my creative endeavors, really. Even if he doesn't get as "into it" as I do, he's still happy to help when he can. I'm so glad we all have a place where we can come together and support each other!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The Spirit of "Halloween" is the spirit of creativity for me. Always has been. Why? My mother loved dressing up for the holiday, and so did my Dad, (along with pranks he would pull)
My Mother's Mother dressed up for the holiday until she was almost 90 years old.
One of her last Octobers she seemed depressed,wasn't going to bother , then when we had all given up on her, she mixed up a flour-paste concoction,slathered it all over her face, dressed on old clothes and surprised everyone by showing up for the parade!
She looked So scary! Nobody was sure if it was her or not!
Maybe one has to be a bit more of an "Individual" to really be a true celebrator of the Holiday and really Not care what a few others think or say?

Some consider my Haunted House to be more of a "Museum ' than a "Haunt",yet just last night a group of 14 people who work in Museums stood by as I was seeming to go pretty crazy (All a routine I have been doing for 28years) and providing some real terror and concerns for almost everyone in that group,which later left them all questioning themselves as to why and how, they could have all just stood there as this realistic routine unfolded?
Recently a first time visitor to here sent me a message later saying ,"You really know how to handle people", and he is a Policeman in a large city.
I have had some "practice" though,being open for house tours almost every night for the last 28 years.
I laugh myself "Silly" darn near every night, and I do love impressing people, no matter how I have to do it.

Reactions: kmeyer1313

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Maybe one has to be a bit more of an "Individual" to really be a true celebrator of the Holiday and really Not care what a few others think or say?
I think maybe you hit the nail on the head with this one! :) I've always considered myself a little "different" from everyone else. Looking back, I find that most of the good friends I've made over the years are a little "different" too. For years I tried to fit in with "normal" folks, but now it's "take me as I am or not at all."

I too was amazed when I found this forum back in 2009. I never imagined there were so many people who loved Halloween too. I too feel at home here and have made some really awesome friends too! I'm really lucky that my hubby supports my obsession and is constantly bringing me Halloween goodies he finds at the thrift stores and fleas markets. If I'd let him, our yard would probably be loaded with inflatables. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
456 Posts
You are so right and welcome Dawnski. This is a great community. I've been here a short while relative to some of the other guys, but I have not seen any hatefulness, intolerance, or outright a**hatiness that is way too common online. This movie quote may be familiar to some of you: "Gooble gobble gooble gobble, one of us, one of us.."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts