Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a scout training a couple nights ago and a friend came up to me and asked, what the heck is in your front yard? I drove by your house and was wondering what the heck that was. I explained to her it was the beginning stage of our display and that our theme is Nightmare before Christmas and at the mention of Nightmare a teenager who was about six feet away talking to his dad swung around and looked at me and said Nightmare before Christmas? I love Nightmare before Christmas!
I then said to him you want to see the pictures? He ran over and I showed him the pictures I had on my phone. He really liked our display.

I thought it was so funny to get such opposite reactions from two people within a minute of each other. :D

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Great story Craftygirl, and I too would love to see the beginnings of your NBC display (and progress photos too!). I'm not a huge fan of animated movies (like some but not crazy about others) and hadn't thought I'd like NBC as much as I did. I have to say it's really one of my favorite animations up there with Toy Story. I think it comes down to the characters being able to touch your heart in some way as to how successful it is. Burton does have a unique simplistic but artistic vision; and where as Toy Story was more geared towards realism of the world, NBC was so not! Given that, I can understand if your friend was unsure what your yard was going to be, I'm very intrigued. Can we get an early peek?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get some pictures up very soon, been outside working!!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Oh I love it! My daughter and I did NBC cut-outs for her yard last year and it was such a fun display. I love how you used the hill as a backdrop. Your screen name is correct - you are one crafty girl!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wow!!! What an amazing NBC display!! Did you make these characters yourself, or were some of them store-bought props? I also love how accurately your tombstones mirror those in the film.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very cool! I especially like your Jack and Sally cemetary area. Great height. What did you make your curly background hill out of?
Thanks! The hill is all plywood, I drew it out and my husband cut it out with some kind of power saw. It's actually three parts that attach together.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow!!! What an amazing NBC display!! Did you make these characters yourself, or were some of them store-bought props? I also love how accurately your tombstones mirror those in the film.
Thank you! I made everything myself including the pumpkins. I'll keep posting pictures I have a lot more characters to put out!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I second the request for how you made those pumpkins? I love love love them. I love all the NBC stuff too, its one of my favorites but those pumpkins are extras great and could be used with a lot of different themes. please tell us how you made them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts