Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These words had just finished filling the air when the scary garbage bag came to life and suddenly the four boys and one of the Dads were sitting on the floor!?
As they got back on their feet and rounded the corner I exclaimed, "How about that "Maze Of Mirrors?" (which I am assuming, most be another place they have been to)
When this happened they had been going through The Ravens Grin for maybe 35 minutes, most of which I spent making sure we didn't lose any of them to overpowering fear, being all "nicey-nicey". The boy's "Mirrors" comment could have not have come at a better time to illustrate a point sometimes lost on young boys:I am making it less scary for YOU, so you will not be embarrassed infront of those you know so don't go home with the wrong impression and degrade what I try to do here, because I- can -SCARE -you.
The Ravens Grin Inn Open almost every night of the entire year..for the last 20 years! (Long "Season")
hauntedravensgrin.com

·
Registered
217 Posts
HA! We had a similar... two 11 year old girls, one of the scare actors hanging on the wall legs severed screams as the girls round the corner. One comments, HA, is that all you got? Well, that sounds like a dare to us!!! They both had to be guided out and both were sobbing.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Gym you're too nice - scare the piss out of any and all of them!!
Preach on :D..

The cul-de-sac kids were over checking everything out while we were setting up this year. They acted so cool when they came by with their friends on Halloween since they knew our layout pretty well. I have a ton of those pumpkin masks that you can see in my avatar and I use them on those scarecrows you can get from Michaels and JoAnn fabrics...so anyway, we made a scarecrow costume to match for my youngest girl (that's her in the avatar)....as the ToTs we knew came by talking smack, she'd reach out and grab them....twas hilarious watching them jump back screaming

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Preach on :D..

The cul-de-sac kids were over checking everything out while we were setting up this year. They acted so cool when they came by with their friends on Halloween since they knew our layout pretty well. I have a ton of those pumpkin masks that you can see in my avatar and I use them on those scarecrows you can get from Michaels and JoAnn fabrics...so anyway, we made a scarecrow costume to match for my youngest girl (that's her in the avatar)....as the ToTs we knew came by talking smack, she'd reach out and grab them....twas hilarious watching them jump back screaming

I would have loved to have been there to see that:)

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Hey, Gym, glad to see you back and posting again.

The best scares, I've always said, come when the guests leats expect it. That's harder to pull off then one might think, but you gotta give it a shot...

It's worth it.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
During the 90 minutes..

they are here going through the house I have plenty of time to lull them, set them up and distract them to make the really fun stuff happen!
I love patrons who have an attention span too! It actually makes it easier!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You Ran Out Of Time?

We just made a new batch of time, I'll send you a few pounds of it, mix with oxygen, inhale live life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts