Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I can never get bored with Halloween. Last night was awesome. Even my wife said she had a great time with all the kids,
people commenting and taking pics etc..... im already thinking of next year :)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Well nothing went the way it was suppose too. Even tho we conjured up some help to get all our stuff up we could not let them come to the house because just like last Halloween I got sick again. Contagious merca. the daughter of these people would have been in the house with me and we could not take that chance. Plus last year Jerry did Halloween outside because the doctor told us not to let the kids go through the house with me having that merca last year. So this year we did Halloween Jerry's way, a small handful of decorations. He just does not want to do Halloween anymore. We had less than 50 people last night. He said a little over 20.

I tried to tell him that they come when they know they are gonna get excited. That means the outside needs to be done. It was horrible to watch the amount of cars slow down and then not turn in our driveway. It also did not help these last 2 years with what the towns are doing. Last year it was our little tiny town that held a Halloween thing. This year Lexington, which is 8 miles from me closed down main street and 65 vendors handed out candy, they had food, entertainment and it was from 6-9. They ran a lot of commercials on TV promoting it. Knew we were not gonna see many. Kids got home did their homework, ate dinner and were off to find a parking spot in Lexington. They made the rounds and then it was home and early to bed, next day being a school day.

A word of wisdom to those of us that do quite a bit of decorating at our houses, start putting less out and your numbers are gonna drop! Whatever you do >>>>>don't let yourself get bored!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well nothing went the way it was suppose too. Even tho we conjured up some help to get all our stuff up we could not let them come to the house because just like last Halloween I got sick again. Contagious merca. the daughter of these people would have been in the house with me and we could not take that chance. Plus last year Jerry did Halloween outside because the doctor told us not to let the kids go through the house with me having that merca last year...
For anyone confused, "merca" is MRSA (but we in the medical field often pronounce it "mersuh" so that's what the patients hear)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Halloween was great this year. it was a little windy at first which delayed my putting out my life size animatronics cause I didn't want them to get blown over and break. but once the wind calmed down I put them all out, we all got dressed up and the fun began. here we are all dressed up

View attachment 524154
That is so cool. Was that a party or neighbors getting into the spirit together. Looks like you all had a ball!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I could see it. I think I would eventually get sick of it if day in day out for years I was surrounded by nothing but Halloween imagery. It would take a while, but I would. I like moving on to Christmas and other holidays. Halloween is my favorite, but I do have to box it up and take a break for a while. Give me until February. Then I'll want to dive back in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My neighborhood is almost all seniors. We are one of the youngest couples on the street. Almost no one around here does Halloween, for whatever reason.
One is the best Halloweens I remember was when we lived in Alaska and my wife's mother set up her garage for Halloween. We had folding tables set out where on one table we were serving homemade chili (in Halloween paper bowls & napkins, of course). On a second table, we had 2 or 3 little cauldrons of Halloween candy that we were passing out. Finally, on a 3rd table, we had a propane burner set up where my mother-in-law was simmering homemade (from scratch) hot cocoa. We ladled the cocoa out into Halloween themed paper cups. We sat in the garage on some folding camp chairs and the parents would bring their ToT kids and would sit and chat while enjoying a bit of chili and cocoa. Oct. 31 is usually quite cold in Anchorage so we ended up being the one of the hits of the neighborhood. Our haunt wasn't decorated nearly as nice as some others. I'm planning on trying to resurrect that event for next year.

One guy around the corner had a huge set in his yard. A large cemetery with his whole family as zombies and his zombie teenagers passing out candy. It was pretty badass.
Nah...if you put effort into it, Halloween isn't boring. It can take a few years for word to spread that you've got something worth seeing on Halloween

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love it. I'll bet people are still talking about that from time to time. I visited AK many years ago...before the Exxon Valdez...absolutely breathtaking....the mountains, glaciers, rivers, lakes etc. Such an amazing place. Fished for silver salmon on the Kenai river and the smallest one we caught was 12-1/2 pounds. I'll never forget that trip

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My "Halloween Decorations" never come down. Most exterior decorations are welded and bolted together (Anti-Vandalism Mode) I have always had way too much fun to become bored,but then I would rather make people laugh And Scream than just scream... never ., boring

·
Registered
399 Posts
I could see it. I think I would eventually get sick of it if day in day out for years I was surrounded by nothing but Halloween imagery. It would take a while, but I would. I like moving on to Christmas and other holidays. Halloween is my favorite, but I do have to box it up and take a break for a while. Give me until February. Then I'll want to dive back in.
That's my take on it. He lives there 24/7 365 days a year. I guess the novelty would wear off with most. I guess it's like that with most things, we get bored and take them for granted. I guess that's why we get excited Like kids at the Arrival of things like Halloween, Christmas etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts