Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... take it anymore..... I guess I'm not alone, but I'm sooooooo stressed out about finishing everything up for the big day........ :eek:

The garage is a mess, lots of stuff piled up everywhere, I don't even know where to begin, I look around and see millions of things to do, but I can't pick one to start with (and finish), I'm running around like a hen without it's head (French expression translated here ;) ).

I'm also a mess, barely have a social life anymore (...don't have time to...), can't even remember when was the last time I sat down to watch TV :( (my TiVo doesn't even recognize me anymore....;) )

I know, it's always the same every year, and we never get used to it, but this year.... I thought I started early enough (we didn't even go anywhere for our vacation, late August - we stayed home and started building things...).

Ah! I guess I'll feel better tomorrow...... Just feels good to let it all out and know that you guys understand.... :eek: :rolleyes:

That's it for tonight..... I'll go upstairs, cook dinner, and WATCH TV !!!!! :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
I plan it out and take it in stages. every day i plan on at least 1-2 hours setting up and working on props. I try and stay focused and not get distracted, which is really hard for me.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I know what you mean. I started about five projects projects about two weeks ago and I just finished two of them today.Made four sets of hands using great stuff and a fire ring using great stuff. That stuff is great.lol Started putting the foam sides on the mausoleum today. Still have to finish the witches shack, and the witch. It will all come together when I need it.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
With you there. I ran into a huge snag and I was thinking there for a while that I'm finished. But, I put my head down, drank copious amounts of wine and just been plugging away, hard, for three weeks. Today, I can say I think I've pinned down that tiger.

Don't feel bad, we are with you. Just drink more ;)

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I started planning and building very early in the year and had everything all set when about 2 weeks ago new renters moved in next door that put a stop to any outside decorating...grrr! What kind of people just turn their brats loose with nothing to do but run right over to a perfect stranger's house and bother them? We aren't even safe in our own home because now they stand at the fence and scream for us to come out. One was even harrassing the elderly lady behind me today as she was mowing her yard...just staring at her and making a barking noise!!!! I am not even going to stay home now this year but plan on telling everyone WHO is responsible for no decorations this year!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been working since the beginning of august. For the last 2 weeks it has been 12 hours a day almost everyday. I'm tired.
I did finally get two things completed the other day. Everything else is partially done.
I'm nuts in the head.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
I've been working on things since last December freezing my butt off huddled near a space heater in the garage. LOL

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Between football practice, and games, and soccer practice, games and tournaments - I have ZERO time now. I STILL do not have all my 80 invitations made for the party!! ARGG!! I worked on them last night watching tv, that's the only free time I have!

So, I completely understand where you're coming from!! I have like 6 more pvc candles to make, and need to hotglue my insulation "chain" that I made. I haven't EVEN gotten all my tombstones out of the attic to start repairing and revamping. *sigh* oh well, we do the best we can! :)

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I won't even come close to meeting my plans this year. The plan was to get a lot done in Aug and Sep, but instead brokeup with the girlfriend and spent the last two months waiting for her and her kids to get a house and move out. There was no place to work on anything....so finally, we got all her stuff out yesterday. I think she intentionally piled boxes up around my Halloween projects to keep me from making progress. So now I have all these conflicting priorities...do I get the house back in shape, do I take care of the yard and get the fall plantings in, or do I blow it all off and work on Halloween? My big prop this year is a funeral carriage and I'll finish that, so everything else is gravy.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,113 Posts
I've made huge strides this year, but my to do list still seems pretty full. let's see so far this year i have fully completed the cemetery columns, cemtery fence, cemetery gates, four new tombstones, two entrance column signs, the carpet latex corpsed skelly, and about 30 PVC flicker candles. Sitting at 80% completed are the two cemetery monuments, the tombstone peeper, and a string of 3 LED spots. 50% completed are the ground breaker coffin, two more tombstones, the sound set-up for my pnuematic pop-up skelly, two urns with lighted branches, and ground breaking skeleton arms and hands. Still need to work on the LED turn off for the street light in front of my house (will be placed on the sensor on top while we are lit), halloween music over to my MP3 player for the cemetery, thunder and lightning show set-up and the crypt facade for the porch entrance.

Nearly there and I set-up on the 17th! Sometimes I wonder if I'll make it and other times I say no one knows but me what I get finished and don't!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just got back from vacation last night. I'm a little behind schedule, but I have several items on my work plan that I am willing to put off until next year. I was freaking out before we left town because there's so much I wanted to get moving on. But now I am so relaxed, ready to go. And I took some small skeletons with me on vacation and talked my family into decorating them. We had a blast and the little guys will be a great addition to the haunt.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
IT'S MADNESS I TELL YOU -- MADNESS!! (take deep beaths -- deeeep breaths) WE ARE SOOOOOO WITH YOU! I THINK YOU HAVE STARTED THE "VENT THREAD" WE ALL NEED. Keep hanging in there -- when I start to have a meltdown - I consider all the good things that come from friends getting together over (albeit strange) foods and the fun that everyone has just getting out to express themselves. Life (thankfully) goes on and this too shall pass (hey - I feel another headstone rhyme coming on... ! ;) Just think -- 3009 will be hear before you know it! :rolleyes:

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I understand completely! However much time I give myself to complete projects, that is how much time it takes; I could start in November and I guarantee I would still be rushing to finish by October. Oh well, what gets done gets done and what doesn't will still be a great idea next year!

·
Registered
182 Posts
So, you're all saying it doesn't get any better, huh? I got bit by the bug in a big way this year (er, this month) and am thinking I'm being a bit ambitious in my goals: a MM Reaper (finished!), two zombie corpses (one done, well almost), a graveyard fence (virtually completed), a Jack 'o Lantern scarecrow, and a dozen other projects on my list I haven't gotten around to yet.

Then, of course, is the Halloween party we've decided to throw so there are interior decorations I want/need to do.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one.

Rich

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you guys for your support.... I knew I could count on you..... I know that all this pressure is coming from me and the desire of our set up being perfect; like one of you said, what gets finished is finished, and what doesn't, well... no one else will know, but ourselves.... Thanks for being this supportive....

You're the best... I love you all! xx

PS Terra - I think you got the answer........ Honey! Pour me another one!!! ;) :p

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Don't stress out over Hallowe'en, for goodness sake. It's meant to be savored, enjoyed, relished. Don't worry about impressing people, just do the best you can with the time and resources you have and have fun.

Easy for me to say, of course, I've been accumulating stuff for years now, and have learned how to maximize product while minimizing effort.

·
Registered
216 Posts
OMG, this sounds like whats going on at my house. So much to do, so little time to work on it. The more I surf the forum, the more ideas I get and want to make, witch makes the list longer and longer and longer. i am collecting a lot of ideas, which I have to just put aside for next year, if I don't, I have tons of unfinished projects, and none finished. All I can say is make of list of your projects. Number them 1,2,3,4 etc., with 1 being that you just have to do for this year. I find that if I break the projects down into little projects, I can deal with the list easier as it does not seem overwhelming. Of course, what is not finished for this year, can be a great start for next year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts