Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
535 Posts
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!! Everytime they started talking i think i threw up a little bit...How these people come up with these thoughts is beyond me. They are bitter! I hate to know how they feel about Christmas too.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!! Everytime they started talking i think i threw up a little bit...How these people come up with these thoughts is beyond me. They are bitter! I hate to know how they feel about Christmas too.

i was speechless watching this and totally beside myself ,and not just because i personaly love halloween but i mean it trows me to see people with such a way of thinking in our days and espacially inflicting it the way their doing to this poor kid who doesnt know what life is all about yet , for me this isnt even a religion question when i see this either .

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm...it's a Mockumentary. These are joke videos. Here's another one Precipice Productions made:

well DUH :D :D sorry i missed that part , am too tired today , my bad :p

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
What a couple of loosers. I wonder if their parents passed this on or she has him completely whipped? Personally, I don't think her elevator goes all the way to the top. Or bottom for that matter. This is the same type of thinking that kept us in the dark ages.

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
I new that was just too stupid. I have seen people have bad feeling about Halloween but this was just idiotic. And not to mention the bad acting. Buying pumpkins to throw in the landfill, LOL.

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
I've always wondered which denomination of Christians are against Halloween. I'm Lutheran and the Lutherans I know love it. I'm starting to wonder if this is an urban myth.

But I do know of a group who were against Halloween in Portland/Seattle where I used to live. Get ready because this will be a surprise. They went so far as getting the schools in their area to stop Halloween celebrations. Have you guessed which group it is?

Wiccans.

School District Bans Halloween
Story Published: Oct 20, 2004 at 9:33 PM PST Story Updated: Aug 31, 2006 at 1:35 AM PST By Kevin Reece
PUYALLUP - "Let them have their 30 minutes of dressing goofy and having candy," said Silas Macon on the grounds of Puyallup's Maplewood Elementary School Wednesday afternoon.

He'd just learned the grade school tradition of a party and parade in costume during the last half-hour of class before Halloween night won't happen this year in the Puyallup School District for his two daughters.

The superintendent has cancelled all Halloween activities.
A letter sent home to parents Wednesday states there will be no observance of Halloween in the entire school district.
"We really want to make sure we're using all of our time in the best interest of our students," explained Puyallup School District spokesperson Karen Hansen.

Hansen says the superintendent made the decision for three primary reasons. First, Halloween parties and parades waste valuable classroom time. In addition some families can't afford costumes.
It's the third reason some Puyallup parents are struggling with.
The district says Halloween celebrations and children dressed in Halloween costumes might be offensive to real witches. "Witches with pointy noses and things like that are not respective symbols of the Wiccan religion and so we want to be respectful of that," said Hansen.

Story continued here: School District Bans Halloween | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | News Archive

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
My neighborhood is full with kids and grandparents who have tons of TOT everyyear. For the past 2 years I have tried to make my yard a teeny bit better then a pumpkin in it for all of the kids not (Satans followers). My very next door neighbor to my right is a complete religious Halloween hater and this year made many many comments to me..
I just keep on putting up my props and they always leave Halloween night and turn their lights off and go to church. I will never let anyone hurt or take away an ounce of my Halloween! And I kind of also like ticking off my neighbor :)

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Well, it certainly LOOKED like a "mocumentary". But the shot of the father pressing the little girl down the path with the skellies, THAT looked pretty authentic. And disturbing.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wait, are we saying this was fake or real? If it *is* real, these people are <insert expletives I can't say on the HF!>!!! And jerks to boot! I cannot believe that woman buys up pumpkins just to throw into landfills, she doesn't even compost?? You're awesome, chicky. Perhaps a more **Christian** thing to do would be to take all that money you're WASTING trying so hard to have a negative impact on other people's Halloween and sponser a needy child through World vision, build a well in a village, or something like that!!

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
It's not real, it's made to make fun (the producer's idea) of fanatic Christians. But, in order to make it real-looking it seems they terrorized that little girl (she too young to act).

As a Christian, I get real tired of the stereotyping (even if it's supposed to be funny).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts