Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tonight as I was waiting for my food at a local restaurant.
A haunt less than an hour away from me was shut down because some actor(s) were using real tools, an axe to "Scare" people with and someone got their foot cut by such a "Prop"!
The person telling this said they read it in her local newspaper.
I hope it's not true. Sometimes a Haunt patron may become so upset, scared that they do something physically to cause harm to come to themselve, usually an action that the haunter never even considered because it will be so unheard of and crazy, but they Still do it!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. More often than not, haunts supply their actors with their props, so I'm not sure why this person felt the need to supposedly bring their own props in. Definitely keep us updated if you hear more! On a brighter note, a closing haunts mean a possible sale of props!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I use nothing but real props, with the dangerous parts taken off.
Um but if you take the dangerous part of an AX off..you have an ax handle..which can be dangerous..lol ANYTHING can be dangerous if you think about it long enough..You can poke your eye out on a feather if you run into wrong lol

Feel bad for the haunt , not knowing the whole story ( bet you could google it and SOMETHING would pop up) but also know you have to be OVERLY cautious when dealing with the public in general

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When dealing with the Public, you will never will have ever "seen it all", think that you have seen it all, and that is when something totally unexpected happens, because humans have such capacities and unpredictable will full energy.
Nobody will ever find this totally hidden door. Yes they did, walked right up a terrible abandoned stairway in total darkness, fumbled, felt around, found the breaker box and began randomly switching things off -on.. just because...?
The door exists no more, neither do those stairs and the breakers are relocated to a room of their own which is padlocked.
I had hoped that I had done enough to keep people from going there, now there is no where to go, unless you wish to break a padlock.
They will never get passed my pet, Fang-faced poisonous Himalayan weasels!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah... I guess there is a pretty popular Youtube girl who went to a haunt and they had something called a "Fear Jump" where you jump off of a 30 foot platform into an inflated cushion. She jumped exactly as she was instructed and was in perfect health but she ended up breaking her back. She lost 1/2 inch of height permanently and is in a brace for a few months. The weird part is none of the haunt's staff came over to help her so her friends carried her to their car and decided to drive her to the hospital. She is SO lucky she isn't paralyzed or worse.

Having a fear jump is probably not a good idea - there are just too many variables for it to be safe.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really, the human body can be so tough and resilient, or as fragile as a rotten twig. I have a "No running" policy in my haunt. Why some haunts want running just to increase throughput, risking someone getting hurt or possibly even seriously hurt, I have never understood.
Put down three layers of plush carpet padding, cover it with thick soft carpet and STILL if someone falls down, then another person falls on top of them, serious damage could occur as bones hit bones and the padding won't stop that, if it's going to happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts