Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in and out of the hospital 4 times in the past week, 3 times the week before last. I'm to the point now that I'm actually losing time at work and it's wearing me down. I just got released from the hospital this morning, and still don't really have a definite answer to what is going on.

I had a simple surgery back in August, to seal off 2 superficial veins that were damaged in an accident at work 2 years ago. between the time of the accident and the surgery I was fine. After the surgery, I went to hell.

3 weeks after surgery I developed a blood clot in my leg and was put on Coumadin, ever since then, I have had bleeding in my kidneys, severe swelling and rashes on my leg, constant cold chills, temp of 103 at least 3 times a day, unbelievable back pains, 3 cat scans, at least 5 ultrasounds and cellulitis

The bad news, each time I go to the hospital, I don't actually see a doctor, The only person I ever see is a nurse or nurse practitioner. I'm not classified as a trauma so I get pawned off on them.

I'm so freaking exhausted I can't even enjoy the holiday. I'm just about ready to take down my haunt, because I may be going back into the hospital Monday for a while.

I'm just trying to vent some of my frustration. I might not be on here as much in the next few weeks. I hope everyone has a better Halloween than I plan on having.

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
(((CMG))) So sorry to hear you're having health issues. Personally I think Coumadin is the worst med that was ever created. I'll be prayin for ya.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Sorry to hear about your health issues CMGhost. {{{HUGS}}} I know how difficult it is to not get a definitive answer from doctors.

·
Registered
242 Posts
CMG I know how frustrating it is to get the run around with the hospitals. I hope they figure out whats going on soon and get you all fixed up. I'll say my prayers for you and send some good karma your way.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Sending positive thoughts your way, CM...hope they get their information straight, and find out what is going on with you.

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
:( :( :(, Oh man, CMG, this breaks my heart.....I'm so sorry to hear this, my friend, I had no idea you were having these complications since we talked about them putting you on Coumadin for that clot--I thought everything was getting better for you! I can't believe with all that going on that they still don't consider you a trauma patient! I sure do wish they could help your problems without putting you back in the hospital Monday, it'd be so much more comfortable for you to heal at home....sigh.....

Sending all well wishes and good thoughts your way, D....may you be healthy and relieved by this Halloween.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts